• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Backcountry User Research Panel

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Thought some of you may be interested in this --

CAIC in partnership with SFU's Avalanche Research Program and NCAR are building an ongoing panel of backcountry recreationalists. You can learn more about it here or go directly to the signup . This isn't for just pros or experienced recreational -- it's for anyone who is thinking about or dipping their toes into the backcountry. You don't need to live in Colorado. If you live outside the US in Europe or Canada -- SFU is building similar panels there. The panel will give snow science researchers, avalanche communicators, and forecasters targeted groups they can draw upon for both cross-sectional and longitudinal studies to improve avalanche safety products.

The signup process is ~15 minutes long and asks some in-depth questions. Best done with a fresh cup of coffee in front of you.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Just bumping this up in the queue. Giveaways for signup are starting, and first user feedback should be going out in the next few weeks. If you sign up by Friday you're automatically entered to win an Osprey Transporter 65. With less than 700 folks currently enrolled...not bad odds!

Signup is here: https://caicsignup.avalancheresearch.ca/en/

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I signed up when you first posted it, but will double check.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I think I signed up when you first posted it, but will double check.
You can DM me your email and I can check if it's helpful. You should've received a confirmation email with "Snow Pool" in it.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I couldn’t find any email with that, so must have been a different one I was thinking of. Done now.

Sponsor

Staff online