• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil and I are in the midst of the who's who of skiing history this week, not the least of which is Barbara Alley Simon.
Barbara has a significant amount of her original collection in the Alf Engen museum in Park City, which was used as the location for an incredible fashion show featuring key pieces from her collection.
These outfits are a blast from the past. All of them can be seen in this album
This one piece is a one of a kind one piece that reflects the painted ski suite that we've seen in features on this site.
IMG_0114.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG

c6534efb56a2aea5892bc9f767b3610c.jpg

Original Body paint
This was a fun outfit that I've seen in pictures of Barbara from her heyday.
I
IMG_0134.JPG

This was a fun
IMG_0186.JPG

And don't forget the bright colors. This as not the only neon.
IMG_0219.JPG

After the fashion show, Barbara was given the "Women in Industry award" for her achievements in brining women to the forefront.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Phil and I are in the midst of the who's who of skiing history this week, not the least of which is Barbara Alley Simon.
Barbara has a significant amount of her original collection in the Alf Engen museum in Park City, which was used as the location for an incredible fashion show featuring key pieces from her collection.
These outfits are a blast from the past.
This one piece is a one of a kind one piece that reflects the painted ski suite that we've seen in features on this site.
View attachment 70691 View attachment 70692
c6534efb56a2aea5892bc9f767b3610c.jpg

Original Body paint
This was a fun outfit that I've seen in pictures of Barbara from her heyday.
I View attachment 70693
This was a fun
View attachment 70694
And don't forget the bright colors. This as not the only neon.
View attachment 70695

After the fashion show, Barbara was given the "Women in Industry award" for her achievements in brining women to the forefront.
Thanks for sharing the photos and video. A question of what name did she market her fashion? Because I remember a brand of women's ski underwear called Allen-A that were sold back in the 70's. Was that part of her life's work?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for sharing the photos and video. A question of what name did she market her fashion? Because I remember a brand of women's ski underwear called Allen-A that were sold back in the 70's. Was that part of her life's work?
I will ask her when I see her today, but I doubt that is her. Her hame is Alley.
What I know of her is that she was in the fashion industry, involved in curating fashion shows and consulted ski fashion in ski movies, like several James Bond movies.

James

Out There
Instructor

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
What we can say is, that Alicia and I watched all the video from this, the awards presentation and the photos you posted from the past week. What a fantastic week for you all and BRAVO to PugSki for pulling so much off! Thank you for providing us that couldn't make it with access to all the events.

Sponsor

Staff online