• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Battery powered derailleurs??

crosscountry

Sock Puppet
Skier
Pass Pulled
..or it won't, because there's not enough buzz in doing it to justify going through the trouble. The sword of individualism cuts both ways.
But that's the whole point. When your power output declines due to advanced age, you supplement it with a motor. You can still get the buzz by working hard to "help the motor".

It's only if they can't swallow their pride that will have some people stop riding.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I tried to blow $10k on an e-bike i'd have my ass handed to me... :roflmao:

You can easily spend $10K plus on a regular bike

I am sure there a dozens more.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm not at the age that I NEED an e-bike. But I see the point of them for others. Besides, that day will come for me at some point, and for you too.
For some its not about NEED but want, so who are we to judge? :huh::huh: Most of the eMTB's I see on my rides are riders in the 30-50 year old range and the one constant is they all have huge smiles on their faces and they are out there riding.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
For some its not about NEED but want, so who are we to judge?

Exactly. And 'do not want' enters into it.

We could similarly make an argument that the only thing keeping people from cruises and working hard at shuffleboard, boules or bocce, is the inability to swallow their pride. And it would be equally incorrect to do so.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Exactly. And 'do not want' enters into it.

We could similarly make an argument that the only thing keeping people from cruises and working hard at shuffleboard, boules or bocce, is the inability to swallow their pride.
But cornhole, that is taking the country by storm. ;)

k2rider

Getting on the lift
Skier
But that's just yourself. You can't extend it to others.

In my club, there're 80 year old still riding their age in miles on unassisted bikes. But they can't keep up with the younger riders in speed any more. Yet, they still want to ride the distance. An e-bike will really help them to stay with the group.

I'm not at the age that I NEED an e-bike. But I see the point of them for others. Besides, that day will come for me at some point, and for you too.

Hence the part where I typed "my personal issue".

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I'm watching TV in the States this weekend... Cornhole, bowling and college softball. I've never seen these on TV before!! :ogbiggrin:
A lot of the dumb sports that used to come free with a regular cable subscription are now behind the extra sports package (we already have the regular sports package). No more bull riding, but Premier League on Saturday morning more than makes up for it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have we covered the aesthetic enhancement provided by removal of the shift cable?

And having one less thing to rattle in the frame.

Yes, Bill, we know your bikes have external cables that don't rattle, as the Grand Poobah himself intended! ;)

Sponsor