• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Battle of the Premium 80mm Skis: Part Deux

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Battle-of-the-premium-80mm-skis-SkiTalk-slider-2.jpeg
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Battle of the Premium 80mm Skis: Part Deux. Please add to the discussion here.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The return of my all-time favorite SkiTalk thread! Hallelujah!

Maybe this season I will demo one of the Stereos from California Ski Company in Berkeley. In the meantime, quite happy with my Vist-branded Blossoms with Speedlock plates and 412 bindings as you know.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Which model Blossoms, @Dougb ? Is it the AM77/Whiteout?

Who is making the Crosson skis? Is it Augment or Blossom (as with the Bomber, I believe)?
The Crossons are being built in Canada and finished at Crosson's facility in Washington. The finish out of the box is stellar.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
End of the article explains why the Augment AM77 isn't included here; there's a new AM78 apparently:thumb: .

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
End of the article explains why the Augment AM77 isn't included here; there's a new AM78 apparently:thumb: .
Yes, there is an all new AM78 coming, as soon as we get ours, I will add it to the article.

Last edited:

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Which model Blossoms, @Dougb ? Is it the AM77/Whiteout?

Who is making the Crosson skis? Is it Augment or Blossom (as with the Bomber, I believe)?

Yes, it’s the AM77/Whiteout. The most enjoyable and confidence-inspiring ski I’ve ever tried. Not my first choice for skiing with my kids but otherwise a fantastic ski.

And this season I will also be skiing the Namaste thanks to @Philpug.