• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Battling cold feet for a few years - finally fixed

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Once again, you're not grinding the bootboard to create space, you're doing so to better match your foot postition to the contours of the shell. Please take the time to actually read what I write if you're going to provide commentary back.
I understood your point, and my point is there are other ways to accomplish that without touching your boot board. For example we have added some wedges to the boot board on my current boot, on my previous boot it was a varus wedge. Lots of easy ways to adjust foot position in the boot that are easily reversed and that do not create more volume. Grinding the boot board does create more volume. If you look at all the world cup customization that @otto showed us, they were clearly adding material to the boot board to modify the foot position in the boot.

Not saying it is not possible to accomplish what you describe by grinding a footbed, just saying that there are easier ways to accomplish that where you have more control and you do not create more volume.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I understood your point, and my point is there are other ways to accomplish that without touching your boot board. For example we have added some wedges to the boot board on my current boot, on my previous boot it was a varus wedge. Lots of easy ways to adjust foot position in the boot that are easily reversed and that do not create more volume. Grinding the boot board does create more volume. If you look at all the world cup customization that @otto showed us, they were clearly adding material to the boot board to modify the foot position in the boot.

Not saying it is not possible to accomplish what you describe by grinding a footbed, just saying that there are easier ways to accomplish that where you have more control and you do not create more volume.

Then you're clearly still not understanding what I've written. There are not "other ways" or "easier ways" to lower your foot position down to where the heel cup and ankle pockets are in the shell. You must grind the bootboard or go with a thinner footbed. Making up volume above the foot is not difficult if it's needed.

Look, you don't have to listen to one word of my advice, but please do not confuse folks with incorrect information based on anything I've written. It might just be best that you put my posts on your ignore list.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Then you're clearly still not understanding what I've written. There are not "other ways" or "easier ways" to lower your foot position down to where the heel cup and ankle pockets are in the shell. You must grind the bootboard or go with a thinner footbed. Making up volume above the foot is not difficult if it's needed.

Look, you don't have to listen to one word of my advice, but please do not confuse folks with incorrect information based on anything I've written. It might just be best that you put my posts on your ignore list.
Ok get your point on the heel cup. My personal preference would be to go with a thinner footbed or different shell, but do understand and appreciate your point here with regard to the heel cup position.

Sponsor

Staff online