• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Because hour record attempts are AWESOME.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
OK, that saddle reset that he's doing on every lap is starting to bug me...and the stripe wobble on the front side is kinda freaking me out.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend of mine broke the World Master’s hour record back in..hmmm, maybe 2005? I was there as part of his support team at the Manchester Velodrome in England. It was quite the experience to witness. On top of the feat, my friend had a serious heart condition and could drop dead from such an effort. We had an ambulance crew on hand. Luckily, no heart issues and the record attempt succeeded.

This guy was our pacer at our track workouts. He used to kick all of our butts because he was an animal; so fast and he just never seemed to run out of steam. He’s an orthopedic surgeon and at that time he’d do the track workout. then say, “Gotta go! Surgery in a half hour!” then leave. LOL.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Fast Freddy lived in the town where I grew up. Some friends were in his high school class. He was first to go over 65 mph "with no pace-maker in front and unaided by wind" and in "2006, at the age of 50, Markham set a new world record in a one hour speed trial on the track at the Nissan Technical Centre in Arizona. He reached a distance of 85km, earning him an $18,000 share of the $25,000 prize for coming closest to the challenge of surpassing 90km." For shorter distance records, he took advantage of thin air at Mono Lake and on Tioga Pass at over 9K' elevation to further reduce wind resistance. See https://www.playfinder.com/blog/day-fast-freddy-markham-surpasses-65-mph-bicycle for more details.

Sponsor