• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Earned It. (New England IPA)

PXL_20220917_230015827.jpg

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
@teejaywhy: Just got back from a float fishing trip on the Snake southwest of Jackson. Had a six-pack of Jenny Lake Lager on the drift boat. Had four of them during the course of the day; perfect beer for that setting. A lot of that river certainly went through my liver. Jenny Lake Lager.jpg

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
8DCABB52-390A-4F23-A837-1F7AEF0ED6F5.jpeg 8D57E97C-9B0C-4089-ACD6-8382F54BEECF.jpeg
From Forest & Main in North Philly burbs. I love spontaneous fermentation. This one didn’t do it for me. Amazing, funky nose that promised a lot yet the taste couldn’t deliver.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, I haven't had that in a long time. I do remember it fondly.
If I find it in a store I buy them out. Had a local store back in MI actually stock it at one time. Was able to enjoy it at will for a couple years until the distributor dropped it. Haven’t found it in Texas yet…. :(

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How was your head the next morning?

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is my favorite…..
View attachment 181769

(Red Hook ESB)

Indeed, used to be very common, but I don't think I've seen it on the shelves over the past few years (although, I haven't really sought it out).

On a visit to Seattle on 2008, we went to Woodinville for some wine tasting. At the first stop at the Chateau St. Michelle we asked about a good place for lunch and the Red Hook Brewery was suggested. After a nice lunch, I noted a sign for Brewery Tour/Tasting for some stupidly nominal amount (like $3 or something). Gotta do it! Turns out the young lady tourmeister was quite generous with the pours and by the end of the tasting, I was trashed! So much for the planned "wine tasting tour," my wife drove us back to the city.

w-2582.jpg

w-0655.jpg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
How was your head the next morning?
I did drink a ton of water and probably had Nuun as well, which is an amazing antidote. Still spent the day wondering why I am getting old and can’t handle this, but at least it made some sense.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
There are many situation when having a beverage with alcohol is contraindicated, but would otherwise enhance the meal. For those occasions, I enjoy the excellent new generation of craft brewed non-alcohol malt beverages.

View attachment 184282
Yup. I'm trying to drink a little less and sometimes one of these is exactly the placebo I need.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have been drinking more of this. Almost as good as the real Riverwest.

1669642275747.png
They are releasing 2 more. Will be really interested in the Eastside Dark NA. The regular Eastside is very good and almost a staple this time of year. Goes paired very well with ski tuning. :)

1669642430869.png

Sponsor

Staff online