• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
The weather outside is frightful….and all the ski areas are closed. I figured this was an appropriate cellar pull.
4B194A41-B161-487C-A67C-378903E8F615.jpeg

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Had this tasty sour at Black Mtn Burger Co after a ski day at Loon yesterday.

Throwback Brewery’s Cheek Squeezer. It was a nice tart cherry flavor.

53697F1E-E316-4590-803A-C30665476C1E.jpeg

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
-Just picked up a case of Form to Table and a case of Super from Fermentery Form in Fishtown, Philly. Both mixed fermentation beers (funky, sour, interesting). The retail price on these bottles is almost twice as much compared to straight from the brewery. So I got a deal in my mind. Better than paying for $10 drafts of IPA-du-jour at the ski area, too. I'll probably brown-bag a bottle once or twice.

-Form-to-Table is like a hoppy, lemony saison without the coriander spiciness but with a funkier nose that I love so much. You really have to smell this beer to appreciate it. Otherwise you might crush it at 3.5% abv and not appreciate its qualities. But at $10/ 750ml bottle you could crush it anyway. Very reasonably priced. I like it best after it warms up a touch.

-I haven't had Super in a while but I remember it was like 90% about the funky nose.

-Visiting the brewery makes me really want to live in the city in Fishtown or Northern Liberties. But then parking looks like a nightmare...

IMG_4826.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
-Just picked up a case of Form to Table and a case of Super from Fermentery Form in Fishtown, Philly. Both mixed fermentation beers (funky, sour, interesting). The retail price on these bottles is almost twice as much compared to straight from the brewery. So I got a deal in my mind. Better than paying for $10 drafts of IPA-du-jour at the ski area, too. I'll probably brown-bag a bottle once or twice.

-Form-to-Table is like a hoppy, lemony saison without the coriander spiciness but with a funkier nose that I love so much. You really have to smell this beer to appreciate it. Otherwise you might crush it at 3.5% abv and not appreciate its qualities. But at $10/ 750ml bottle you could crush it anyway. Very reasonably priced. I like it best after it warms up a touch.

-I haven't had Super in a while but I remember it was like 90% about the funky nose.

-Visiting the brewery makes me really want to live in the city in Fishtown or Northern Liberties. But then parking looks like a nightmare...

View attachment 187368
This is the first I have heard of "Form to Table" beer I have heard of Table wine but not Table beer. Thanks for sharing.

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier

View attachment 187368

Our city house is in Fishtown, have to check this place out. I feel way out of the loop now that we split our time between the city and Union Dale. Human Robot is close to this place too, well worth a trip- great beers. Thanks for posting!

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Our city house is in Fishtown, have to check this place out. I feel way out of the loop now that we split our time between the city and Union Dale. Human Robot is close to this place too, well worth a trip- great beers. Thanks for posting!
Nice. FF does exclusively mixed-fermentation beers, so everything is funky and slightly sour (but not bracingly sour like a kettle sour). Farmhouse, saison-style stuff. They're only open one day a week. Usually Saturday 12-4. They opened on Friday last week so I was able to get over for the first time.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife knows me too well, part of my BDay present recently, I'll drink to that !

Rush.jpeg

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OOOOH.... Tree House! Excellente!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
No luck getting Pliny the Younger on the first Monday it was available after being released last Friday. We drove up before 10 (they open at 11) and only saw 6-8 people of sidewalk. But when I got out of the car, I saw line went most of the way down the street, with at least 60 people in line, maybe more. So we toured Luther Burbank garden, which probably is more impressive later in the Spring, then headed home.

Besides the wineries, cideries, distilleries and one meadery and one port works pouring during the event, the following breweries were also there:
Anderson Valley (Boonville since 1987), Farmers (Chico and Princeton - near Chico) and Seismic (Sebastopol). Not long after entering, the lines for cheese and other food items were longer than for most of alcohol. We stayed until the end, taking advantage of the many cheesemakers giving away their products (not just samples) at the end. We were glad we were staying in close motel, about a mile away and had walked. The walk back was hard enough with ~10 lbs. each of cheese samples and purchases and other items my wife bought or otherwise collected.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Poaching someone else's pic from the NatGat thread, Beer was ok, but the name is clever:

24639775-b1fd-4672-bf55-dad338b7c6c7-jpeg.194570

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Poaching someone else's pic from the NatGat thread, Beer was ok, but the name is clever:

24639775-b1fd-4672-bf55-dad338b7c6c7-jpeg.194570
Hmm. I'm pretty sure I saw this at Jay Peak last winter.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's with the "If you're reading this, it's all going south" messaging? Foreshadow of drinker doom?

(Southwest by a point west, but same diff)

You're reading into it way more than me, although for sure, the message is there in the graphic on the other side of the can:
w-154014526.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online