• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@teejaywhy somethings just last the test of time. :)
Sometimes you just need that clean crisp taste! I recall a blind taste test of traditional American lagers with PBR rated 1A and Yuengling rated 1B. They gave PBR the win due to a typical lighter color compared to Yuengling's amber.

My WI father-in-law would bring us original Leinenkugel when he visited and take home Yuengling. PBR we can get anywhere.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Never liked Leinenkugel once they sold to Miller. The same will probably happen with Yuengling too.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Never liked Leinenkugel once they sold to Miller. The same will probably happen with Yuengling too.
Couldn't even get original Leinenkugel out on the east coast once Miller bought them, so I can't comment. When we visited the last few times, New Glarus Spotted Cow was all the rage.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Couldn't even get original Leinenkugel out on the east coast once Miller bought them, so I can't comment. When we visited the last few times, New Glarus Spotted Cow was all the rage.
Still is. Niece is a brewer there.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Any of you drink Lionshead?

My next-door neighbor used to rep for them...and I wound up having more Lionshead and Stegmaier than any other American lager ever :D

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They had a lot of fru-fru fruit stuff in the Stegmaier range there for a bit, and their kegs were off-size (smaller) so barkeeps didn't like to deal with them.

FIL drinks Blue Light as a session beer. He was a total no on any of the Md/Va brews when here. Hard NO.

I did finally manage to get him to get him off the AB-train and onto the Lion 3.9% when he's down here.

Last edited:

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Any of you drink Lionshead?
Grew up in that area but never had it.

Life's too short for bad beer. Relatedly, there's a guy who trolls the east-coast skiing Facebook groups by posting pic after pic of him drinking Budweiser at Killington :huh:

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Just to keep you informed. :)

1680291973608.png

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Grew up in that area but never had it.

Life's too short for bad beer.

Well, I went and found a local restaurant that has it on tap. It's actually amazingly food-friendly, more than the IPAs on menu and much more than the ciders, all of which made the wood-fired pizza crust taste like ... creosote dipped in quicklime.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, I went and found a local restaurant that has it on tap. It's actually amazingly food-friendly, more than the IPAs on menu and much more than the ciders, all of which made the wood-fired pizza crust taste like ... creosote dipped in quicklime.

We were getting sushi and Chinese food at Sushi Yoshi on the Killington access road when I ordered an IPA I've not had before (apparently the bar is a top-notch carry-over from the previous non-Asian establishment). It was out and the server brought the cider that had replaced it by accident. I could tell it was a not an IPA :ogcool: but am not a big cider guy. However, it contained guava and some other tropical fruits and went amazingly well with my order!

By brother has served me Lionshead in Columbus, OH, but I was not a fan. Still prefer a Yuengling or PBR for a basic lager, Singha is great with Thai food.

Sponsor

Staff online