• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Figured I give these a try. Already had issues with my goggles fogging. Having to wear a mask it will likely make it worse. Skis.com has the Ones on sale and I received a coupon today for another 20% off taking them down to $111. Went with the yellow lens since that is what I tended to use the most. At some point I’ll pick up a darker lense.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Figured I give these a try. Already had issues with my goggles fogging. Having to wear a mask it will likely make it worse. Skis.com has the Ones on sale and I received a coupon today for another 20% off taking them down to $111. Went with the yellow lens since that is what I tended to use the most. At some point I’ll pick up a darker lense.
Which ones?

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The HEET model offers significant improvements in fit, battery life, and defogging ability over the older ABOM One model.

I recommend the HEET model for new users.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The HEET model offers significant improvements in fit, battery life, and defogging ability over the older ABOM One model.

I recommend the HEET model for new users.

Aren’t the HEET models smaller? I thought I read that somewhere.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Thanks somehow I missed that. I have a large head and assumed it was a matter of size difference between them. Might just go ahead and cancel.
I would not rush to cancel, my wife and daughter have the Heet and I have the One. If you like larger goggles the One is great especially if you have a larger head.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I’ll wait until they get delivered and see how they fit on my mellon.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Will either the ABOM heat or the larger ABOM one model work if you have to wear prescription glasses inside?
Have not seen this addressed in this thread.

I'm blind as a bat without Rx glasses !

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
The ABOM goggles do not fit over glasses. The anti-fog heater would not heat your glasses even if they could fit inside the goggles. So you'd likely have fog-free goggles and fogged glasses.....

I am very lucky to have very minor correction and can ski without my glasses on.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Darn. I have the Smith iox turbo fan goggles which don't solve the problem.
The Smiths with glasses fog when I exert any energy (except in colder weather).
Will clear if I run the fan almost continuously.
Situation seems hopeless in warm wet snow like that common in PNW or CA.

Too bad ABOM doesn't make a OTG version.
Only way I see to get rid of the glasses is contact lenses or Lasik.
An anti-fog cloth used on the glasses helps a bit.

Last edited:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Thanks to those who responded on this thread. :thumb:

Undecided here. Inserts can have a fog problem.
This from the FAQ on the ABOM website:

"Do they work with glasses?

Abom goggles are not designed to fit over glasses. However, we do have prescription inserts available for our goggles.

So, these prescription inserts...

The inserts sold from Abom are blank, meaning there is no lens in them. They will need to be taken to your optometrist
to have your prescription put in. We also recommend adding an anti-fog coating to the insert, as the heat from the goggle
is not enough to keep the inserts fog-free as well. "

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@dovski , I don't have much trouble with fogging, but I do have trouble with my contact lenses drying out. I have taped over most of the vents on my goggles. Does the active defogging let them minimize the airflow past your eyes?

[Before someone asks, I am going to try a higher water content lens.]

I know this is an old quote but, for others with a similar problem, can I recommend the 1 Day ACUVUE Moist brand contact lenses with Lacreon. I used to live by eye drops before these lenses. I wear the all day without even needing an eye drop unless something gets in my eye. I need the type for astigmatisms and they have uv blocking. I get a 90 day supply for about $100.00. What I like best is that I can switch to sunglasses if I want with no issues. I don't like carrying my RX sunglasses in my pocket. That's an expensive crunch if I land on them.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Sold. I ski where you ski Pchewn. I remember once starting a day with brand new googles. The Ice would form on the outside and I'd wipe them off to see. End of the day the lenses were screwed up and the googles were tossed. Trashed, like my day. If it was a one off thing, fine, but it's a regular occurrence. I have a pair of Heet coming as it's 30% off until tomorrow. You'll see me up at Meadows. Hopefully these out perform my other googles.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a pair of Abom Heet Lumen Yellow goggles this summer when they were $100 off. I've now had a chance to ski them three days. I must say that these are the best goggles I have ever owned. The 66% light transmission works really well in Pacific Northwest white out gloom. I have lousy depth perception even on good days. These goggles have helped with that a lot. The heated anti-fog button is just the thing for wearing a mask in the lift line and fogging your goggles. All you have to do is push the button on the frame, leave it on for about 20 seconds and the fog is gone. When used this way the battery life is no problem at all. Highly recommended.

Here are a couple of not very good pictures, one regular and one through the goggle, but you can get the idea
P1050671.jpeg

P1050672.jpeg

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I picked up a pair of Abom Heet Lumen Yellow goggles this summer when they were $100 off. I've now had a chance to ski them three days. I must say that these are the best goggles I have ever owned. The 66% light transmission works really well in Pacific Northwest white out gloom. I have lousy depth perception even on good days. These goggles have helped with that a lot. The heated anti-fog button is just the thing for wearing a mask in the lift line and fogging your goggles. All you have to do is push the button on the frame, leave it on for about 20 seconds and the fog is gone. When used this way the battery life is no problem at all. Highly recommended.

Here are a couple of not very good pictures, one regular and one through the goggle, but you can get the idea
View attachment 116472

View attachment 116473

I use the clear lens the most. Perfect for storms and night skiing.

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
best luck I've ever had with googles and there have been many
marker helmet with marker googles, havent fogged yet, designs seem to complement each other

Sponsor