• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I found I used the battery up by lunch break the first year of Covid. Wearing a mask while skiing created more fogging in the goggles and the goggle power kicked in to de-fog. I recharged the goggles as I was eating lunch in my vehicle.

I guess I’ll have to spend some time at Whitefish to gather some data. With the lake right there it may indeed have more humidity on the mountain, even more so than the Cascades (not that I would have guessed that).

Since then (no longer wearing a mask out on the slopes) I haven’t experienced any issues. The goggle power lasts all day.

I have a backup pair which I’ve never used, but my SO will try them this holiday trip to Sun Peaks.
It can't be as high as in MI though. We're usually around 75-80% in the winter...

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
If anyone has a pair of Abom One Goggles they would like to trade for a pair of Abom Heat please let me know as the Abom One fits me better
If you are coming to the Spokane gathering, I will give you a pair of the original Abom goggles. Of course, they are used.

James

Out There
Instructor
Anyone try the recently reformed company, Revo, goggles?

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
If you are coming to the Spokane gathering, I will give you a pair of the original Abom goggles. Of course, they are used.
Wow Kent thank you so much, alas I am not coming to the Spokane Gathering as my daughter has a bunch of Freeride comps that week at Crystal. We will however be in Red the First weekend of Feb for the Jr National comp and Schweitzer late March for their comp ... :)

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t know what model I have, but I had a lot of problems with them tonight. It was cold, vehicle said -8F when we left tonight. Not sure if that was the reason but my fully charged battery was dead in under 2 hours and I was fogged and iced all night.

I normally don’t wear goggles unless it’s very cold or snowing, otherwise our runs aren’t long enough for me to care. So they haven’t been used a lot. I got them for Christmas last year

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I don’t know what model I have, but I had a lot of problems with them tonight. It was cold, vehicle said -8F when we left tonight. Not sure if that was the reason but my fully charged battery was dead in under 2 hours and I was fogged and iced all night.

I normally don’t wear goggles unless it’s very cold or snowing, otherwise our runs aren’t long enough for me to care. So they haven’t been used a lot. I got them for Christmas last year
I'm going to guess your face was all covered up because of the cold. And whatever you were using directed your breath upward rather than downward. And the depth of the cold was such that the heated goggles just couldn't keep up.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to guess your face was all covered up because of the cold. And whatever you were using directed your breath upward rather than downward. And the depth of the cold was such that the heated goggles just couldn't keep up.
Probably, but that is when I needed them the most. I actually pulled my face covering away so my breath could go out and it was worse. Meanwhile my 6 year old and his SPY's from Costco were clear the entire night and he was bundled up more than I.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
As I said earlier, they fog way faster than other goggles. Mine started flashing the warning 2 hours in yesterday, I wasn't skiing the whole day, though, so they didn't run out.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anyone try the recently reformed company, Revo, goggles?
I was curious about the Revo's Bode goggles too!

I spoke with the owner (Actually was the owner , sold to Christy Sports) of our local shop, last week. She was also on the US Ski Team '87-'89. She buys hard goods for Christy Sports for all their locations. She said Atomic has a goggle coming out next year that it was the best google and lens she has ever skied with. Full sun to overcast and snowy she said she has never been able to see better in flat conditions. I was think about the Revo';s but now am going to wat for the new Atomic .

On another note... if your getting fog or moisture between the double lens, the lens has failed. They are sealed and must stay that way, just like the insulated glass in your house.

I ski in PNW and ski with the Oakley Flight Deck and they never fog! For flat light Prizm Hi Viz Pink or Persimmon (I think Persimmon is a little better contrast and not mirrored) , Mixed sun/clouds Prizm Sapphire Iridium. Also wear contacts and they work fantastic.

For any one that is looking for new contacts Alcon Precision 1 or Precision 1 for Astigmatism (this is what I wear) are absolutely remarkable! They actulaly work the best when I am skiing. I can see better with these than my glasses , not just skiing either, wearing them for tennis & wake surfing too!

David

Skier

I spoke with the owner (Actually was the owner , sold to Christy Sports) of our local shop, last week. She was also on the US Ski Team '87-'89. She buys hard goods for Christy Sports for all their locations. She said Atomic has a goggle coming out next year that it was the best google and lens she has ever skied with. Full sun to overcast and snowy she said she has never been able to see better in flat conditions. I was think about the Revo';s but now am going to wat for the new Atomic .
Interesting! I have the new Julbo photocromatic lens that adjusts from category 1 - 4. So far they are amazing in all conditions!

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier

On another note... if your getting fog or moisture between the double lens, the lens has failed. They are sealed and must stay that way, just like the insulated glass in your house.

I ski in PNW and ski with the Oakley Flight Deck and they never fog! For flat light Prizm Hi Viz Pink or Persimmon (I think Persimmon is a little better contrast and not mirrored) , Mixed sun/clouds Prizm Sapphire Iridium. Also wear contacts and they work fantastic.

For any one that is looking for new contacts Alcon Precision 1 or Precision 1 for Astigmatism (this is what I wear) are absolutely remarkable! They actulaly work the best when I am skiing. I can see better with these than my glasses , not just skiing either, wearing them for tennis & wake surfing too!
Interested. I will be getting new goggles for me and the wife next season for sure

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Make sure you keep an eye on them Atomic goggles and alert us all when they are out. Not that I need new ones but if they are THAT good, why not…

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got some Glade photochromatic goggles after seeing them touted in a few reviews. They seem great, but the tinting doesn't go quite light enough for our frequent foggy days.

Anon Storm lenses are my favorite for really bad visibility. Very little tint, but the new Atomic gogs sound intriguing.

Dakiddpenny

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey guys- I found this thread online and figured I’d give it a shot.. I bought a pair of Abom HEET goggles last February. I’ve used them a few times and have thought they’re great.
The strap that mine came with is just a plain black one with no ’Abom‘ writing / logo on it. It has started to tear and is 3/4 torn and pretty much unusable at this point. I’ve tried a handful of ski shops to see if anyone has an idea to try to fix it but I probably need to get an original replacement strap. There is a company in Japan ‘LadeStore’ that sells the straps but it’d be $60+ to buy one and have it shipped to the US.. and I’m not so sure it’d be reliable.
The straps look like they’re the same for the Abom HEET and Abom One.
Has anyone else dealt with this? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

David

Skier
Hey guys- I found this thread online and figured I’d give it a shot.. I bought a pair of Abom HEET goggles last February. I’ve used them a few times and have thought they’re great.
The strap that mine came with is just a plain black one with no ’Abom‘ writing / logo on it. It has started to tear and is 3/4 torn and pretty much unusable at this point. I’ve tried a handful of ski shops to see if anyone has an idea to try to fix it but I probably need to get an original replacement strap. There is a company in Japan ‘LadeStore’ that sells the straps but it’d be $60+ to buy one and have it shipped to the US.. and I’m not so sure it’d be reliable.
The straps look like they’re the same for the Abom HEET and Abom One.
Has anyone else dealt with this? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
Cut it where it's breaking, overlap the ends and sew them together.

Sponsor