• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best material to take up space under liner?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So no one in this thread has done foam at the instep portion of the tongue?
I was thinking this as one of of the opitons but the OP specifically asked for under the liner. But, in quite a few cases, a tongue shim can also provied the same or even better results.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
In my experience, shims under the liners create a bit of a disconnect with the foot/boot/ski. Especially the thicker shims.

Hard shims, not so much... we're not talking WC skiing here. Softer material, not a fan either.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
An alternative is to shim the top of the foot down. Several layers of thick tape, like Gorilla Tape or similar, on the top of the liner where possible can work well. Or stiff thin foam sheet.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My bootfitter put some foam pads on either side of the instep liner that goes over the tongue when the Lange liners packed out a little, but I got new Intuitions this year that do not need them.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So no one in this thread has done foam at the instep portion of the tongue?
Just this winter. Not as a measure to take up volume everywhere, but I have thin ankles and the heel needed a little more convincing to stay locked down. A bit of foam on the tongue at the juncture of forefoot and ankle worked just perfectly.

Sponsor

Staff online