• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best way to find backcountry partners (Colorado)

EstesPark

Booting up
Skier
I have a good group of very close friends that I spend most of my time in the backcountry with but their skill sets are much lower and it usually consists of things like lapping Hidden Valley here in Estes Park. Looking to find some people to ski with as the season pushes on that are at a slightly higher level so I can start pushing my skills further. What is the best way to find touring partners? 34-yo and live in Estes Park which makes it somewhat harder to meet people.

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
Solo backcountry is enjoyable and rewarding. It’s relatively safe if you’re conservative. I’ve met so of my best backcountry partners while soloing. Another good place to meet touring partners is on the lift. Lots of downhillers also AT. Also, don’t abandon your homies. They’ll get better fast if you go a lot.

TS
E

EstesPark

Booting up
Skier
Appreciate the words - checking the Facebook group now! I'll still be skiing with them once or twice a week. Just looking for something later in the season when conditions open up a bit.

Cheers all

Sponsor

Staff online