• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy meet up thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ben says we have the possibility of some good snowstorms this week. It’s about time!

yes! Bob finishes quarantine tomorrow and I just got a second negative test so we can get back out there!

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ben says we have the possibility of some good snowstorms this week. It’s about time!

yes! Bob finishes quarantine tomorrow and I just got a second negative test so we can get back out there!
If that's the case... bring your snow chains... I know a lot of SoCal people have trouble with this concept.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Snow Valley has already cancelled their night session, BBMR day tix are sold out but apparently the night is still on. Could be a genuine nightpowder event tonight.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are thinking of going up to SV on Wednesday. But maybe Thursday. Either way, hopefully our first day of the season!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I live near Saddleback mountain (appx. 5600 ft) and it's getting a dusting pretty low!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Socalgal it’s our 1st trip starting Wednesday to Mammoth.
Waited along time this year, two new skis and Zipfits.
So, what are doing regarding accommodations, with the restrictions and all? Feel free to respond via pm!

We didn't get IKON this year. Will purchase in the spring, hopefully for spring skiing and next year.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Both the frontside and backside are a cluster right now. Although it’s R2 conditions, the 38 has a 50 car pile up at Hatchery (Erwin) and another pile up at Forest Falls. There are some huge delays on the front side also. Anyone who is heading back down today, leave early and be patient.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh how I miss those days !!!
Do they still park on the sides of the road anywhere and anytime ??

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh dear lord!

Went to Mtn High yesterday and leaving that lot took 2.5 hours and then another hour getting to I-15. Otherwise it was a fun day, they were blowing snow and then around noon it began snowing, conditions were pretty good for the hill all things considered. My son had never seen it actually snow, so he was quite excited.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh how I miss those days !!!
Do they still park on the sides of the road anywhere and anytime ??
Snow play is the biggest cluster up here. I do NOT understand the folks who pull off the side of the main highway to let their kids slide down towards traffic! :eek: In our family, we love our children!

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
While it was tempting to go up today with the fresh dump - but knowing SoCal drivers - I figured it's going to be a total mess. Just 2 weeks ago, I took me 2 hours to get down the front side, because there was construction - where they were alternating 20 cars through(uphill/downhill).

I'm sure if you are local to the area - and you don't have to deal with roads up to Big Bear, then this week should be an awesome time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online