• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy meet up thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
@Mothertucker Yup. Bear is our plan also. Are you planning on picnicking again?

@Larry the conditions stayed firm today. We left right around noon and it was still good solid groomer skiing. We will ski Friday but Thursday I go to a women's bible study. Bob would be up for skiing if you go Thursday though, so let us know.
Slight change for tomorrow, I will start at Bear, then switch to SS for a MOAC parking lot BBQ at 11:30.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Mothertucker Yup. Bear is our plan also. Are you planning on picnicking again?

@Larry the conditions stayed firm today. We left right around noon and it was still good solid groomer skiing. We will ski Friday but Thursday I go to a women's bible study. Bob would be up for skiing if you go Thursday though, so let us know.
Damn, not able to go tomorrow maybe Friday but I doubt it. Have a great time tomorrow if you guys make it out there

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
A @Pat AKA mustski and Bob sighting at Bear Mountain yesterday. I managed a couple of quick pics from the chair as Bob executed a high speed °360 and Pat was outta there! That's her to the right of the tree. IMG_20210302_101211337.jpg IMG_20210302_101212705.jpg And, for good measure, @MountainMonster on Timber Ridge at Summit, Feb.15. IMG_20210215_113313056.jpg

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry we missed you that day. I think we work the mountain backwards! You start on Geronimo and work your way to Silver. We start in the park, then Silver, and finish at G-mo.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
My kids have the day off from school tomorrow (Friday) so we're gonna ski Snow Valley. Looks like it will be pretty warm and hopefully it will be pretty fun.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My kids have the day off from school tomorrow (Friday) so we're gonna ski Snow Valley. Looks like it will be pretty warm and hopefully it will be pretty fun.
So far they have done a great job at grooming. It's pretty warm already though today, so be prepared to shed layers!

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t know what went wrong at SS, but today was the worst grooming I have ever seen in my life. It seems like they didn’t even try. I’m hoping they do better tonight!

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
I purchased a lift ticket to Mount Baldy for Friday. Open snow is forecasting 16 inches of snow by Friday and the Baldy website says they're going to be closed Wednesday & Thursday... which means (hopefully) fresh tracks Friday morning.
:crossfingers:

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I purchased a lift ticket to Mount Baldy for Friday. Open snow is forecasting 16 inches of snow by Friday and the Baldy website says they're going to be closed Wednesday & Thursday... which means (hopefully) fresh tracks Friday morning.
:crossfingers:
Sounds like a good choice. The conditions today at SS were still pretty crappy. I don’t understand what’s going on with the grooming. I’ve skied SS melt/freeze cycles since 1978. This is just crap. New snow will definitely be appreciated. I’ve been helping a friend who had a heart attack and I’m pretty bushed so we’re skipping the poor visibility, 15 minutes of fun, tomorrow and sleeping in!

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We will be skiing Snow Valley on Thursday.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We’ll join you on Thursday if you are ok with a properly socially distanced, unofficial meet up with Pat & Bob.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Change of plan ... it is supposed to snow all night long, so we are going to stay close to home and hit SS.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey @socalgal, I’ll be at Snow Valley today (Thursday) morning. I’ll look for you! I’ll have on orange & green. I’ll probably be leaving a bit after 1 pm. Right now it’s looking like a bluebird powder day at SV! :ogbiggrin: Edit: strike that, clouds rolled back in!

And @river-z, we’ll be at Baldy on Friday, so hopefully see you there! And yes, should be excellent, although I think a lot of ppl have the same idea.

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey
Hey @socalgal, I’ll be at Snow Valley today (Thursday) morning. I’ll look for you! I’ll have on orange & green. I’ll probably be leaving a bit after 1 pm. Right now it’s looking like a bluebird powder day at SV! :ogbiggrin: Edit: strike that, clouds rolled back in!

And @river-z, we’ll be at Baldy on Friday, so hopefully see you there! And yes, should be excellent, although I think a lot of ppl have the same idea.

Hi! We are parked right in front of the tickets. Blue/gray Subaru outback. I'm in purple and blue, DH in blue and gray, DD blue and orange.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier

Cool. I'll look for you. I'll be wearing a green jacket and blue helmet and doing laps on chair 3. With fresh snow I could go down Emilie's Bowl all day...

Status
Not open for further replies.