• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy meet up thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow Valley just announced that they are opening next Wednesday. They will have lift 1 open so assumably the Edge and the mini Bowl runs. They also announced that they plan to honor Snowjam cards right away @Larry. We're going Wednesday!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snow Valley just announced that they are opening next Wednesday. They will have lift 1 open so assumably the Edge and the mini Bowl runs. They also announced that they plan to honor Snowjam cards right away @Larry. We're going Wednesday!
Pat, I'm still going to wait. I think this weekend would be decent to ski but next week it's too warm and too much melting. I hope Dec. will bring more snow

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Hey @Pat AKA mustski, this came across my IG feed yesterday.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
BTW, SnowJam cards now only giving you 1 free midweek SV ticket and a Brianhead free ticket (anytime minus BO dates). Ikon is not involved this season, so no BB/SS or Mammoth perks.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
BTW, SnowJam cards now only giving you 1 free midweek SV ticket and a Brianhead free ticket (anytime minus BO dates). Ikon is not involved this season, so no BB/SS or Mammoth perks.
Bought my snowjam card today

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
BB/SS perks are pending but probably there will be no discounts. Snowjam will give you SV discounts of 50%, free, 50%, free - rotation on lift tickets all season long - and there are no blackout dates on those.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
BB/SS perks are pending but probably there will be no discounts. Snowjam will give you SV discounts of 50%, free, 50%, free - rotation on lift tickets all season long - and there are no blackout dates on those.

Well that's what I understood and I see on the site that this seems to be the case, but when I was at the sale yesterday and they had a QR code on a sign for free lift tickets from SV and BH (as mentioned above), so is this in addition to the rortating lift ticket deal at SV then? I'm confused lol

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well that's what I understood and I see on the site that this seems to be the case, but when I was at the sale yesterday and they had a QR code on a sign for free lift tickets from SV and BH (as mentioned above), so is this in addition to the rortating lift ticket deal at SV then? I'm confused lol
The free midweek/non holiday lift tickets (SV & BH) have restrictions and are a perk for going to the show or the virtual experience. The snow jam membership card is good all season. Currently it only has SV perks of the rotating cost of lift tickets. It may have other discounts along the way but those are unconfirmed due to Covid. So if you go to SV on a weekend or holiday, you can't use the free lift tickets that you got on the website. You CAN use your snowman card upstairs at guest services to purchase a lift ticket. Your first one is 50% then the second one is free and that is the rotation all season. It is good anytime. Also a heads up ... in previous seasons, you didn't go to the lift ticket windows to purchase/redeem your lift ticket discount with your membership card. Instead they are redeemed upstairs at the guest services window. With Covid that may have changed. I will ask tomorrow when I am there and let you know the plan for this season. I rarely go to SV - usually only if I have a beginner with me. This year, I plan to go more because it is much less crowded. They do charge for parking, but you can use your parking pass for a credit anywhere in the resort. The only reason they charge is that people park there and walk over to the forest for snow play.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Pat AKA mustski thank you for the clarification ;-) Since I usually have a beginner with me (my youngest) we may take advantage of the season discount from time to time depending on the snow quality at MH and a different hill to experience.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We just became snowjam members, and attended the "virtual experience":rolleyes: At least it was easy hoops to jump through to get some free tickets. We will be skiing there a few times this season. A first for us ogsmile

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Pat AKA mustski thank you for the clarification ;-) Since I usually have a beginner with me (my youngest) we may take advantage of the season discount from time to time depending on the snow quality at MH and a different hill to experience.
It is the perfect place for teaching a little because it is not crowded and has a fantastic progression area. Check out the unofficial guide here: https://www.skitalk.com/threads/unofficial-guide-snow-valley-running-springs-ca.4779/

@socalgal - compared to what you are used to, the terrain is boring but the park is fun!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Saw some video of skiing/boarding at Mtn High tonight. Didnt look too bad for 1st day out. Looked warm though because no one was wearing a jacket.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We skied some laps at SV today. The snow was soft at the start of the day but there were very few people so it held it up pretty well. Some brown started to creep through towards 11:00 but it was easy enough to avoid. Not everyone was wearing masks though all employees were. Everyone was well enough spaced out that it didn’t concern me. We are going back tomorrow. If I remember my phone, I’ll take a pic.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
We skied some laps at SV today. The snow was soft at the start of the day but there were very few people so it held it up pretty well. Some brown started to creep through towards 11:00 but it was easy enough to avoid. Not everyone was wearing masks though all employees were. Everyone was well enough spaced out that it didn’t concern me. We are going back tomorrow. If I remember my phone, I’ll take a pic.
Sounds great and you're also getting your ski "legs" ready too for the next big storm(s)

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We just received our free midweek SV tickets from attending the snowjam event. Now, to decide when to go? Early December? I kinda want to go earlier rather than wait, just in case everything shuts down again, since it seems like most of CA is in the purple tier now.

How quickly do they expand terrain?

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We just received our free midweek SV tickets from attending the snowjam event. Now, to decide when to go? Early December? I kinda want to go earlier rather than wait, just in case everything shuts down again, since it seems like most of CA is in the purple tier now.

How quickly do they expand terrain?
As quickly as Mother Nature allows. They do blow snow but do not have the Water access of BBMR. They do not blow the backside or Slide Peak at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.