• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy meet up thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
We just received our free midweek SV tickets from attending the snowjam event. Now, to decide when to go? Early December? I kinda want to go earlier rather than wait, just in case everything shuts down again, since it seems like most of CA is in the purple tier now.

How quickly do they expand terrain?
I just got my free pass too Probably sometime in December for me

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We’re hitting up SS today. SV closed everything but the beginner areas

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are heading back home. It’s a zoo already and they don’t open for another 30 minutes
:geek:
Can you elaborate? Is it simply higher numbers? Too many people congregating/lack of distancing? Mismanagement of the gates? Any and all intel is appreciated!

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The parking lot was completely full and they had almist finished parking summit Blvd. With only Miracle Mile open, that was a big he** no for us. This was at 8:25- 35 minutes before opening and the parking was more full up than a Saturday morning during the season

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I Would say that it was a complete cluster, chair one and two were open, the lines went up the hill to where chair eight unloaded. only miracle Mile open, with spotty coverage. On the upside they are going to open Bear Mountain tomorrow, Thursday to alleviate some of the crowd.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
For anyone who just wants a quick good deal, the 4 pack can be shared with friends and famiky but it’s not around all season so ...
I didn't get an Ikon pass this year and figured I'd sample the other resorts. Then I saw this deal on their Instagram and jumped on it. The tickets came today... now we just need more snow. What a deal!

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't get an Ikon pass this year and figured I'd sample the other resorts. Then I saw this deal on their Instagram and jumped on it. The tickets came today... now we just need more snow. What a deal!
Yes, I'm still leaning toward deferring until next year and just do a small number of skiing this year unless the resorts shut down again due to Covid. I still feel that next spring will be safer time to go out skiing. I'm planning Apr-May trips just in case

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The opening day cluster seems to have been an anomaly. The rest of the weekdays have felt pretty normal for early season. I am feeling pretty safe skiing to be honest. There is plenty of social distancing in the lines and faces are mostly covered. There are a few who drop the face coverings in the morning line. If they are near me, I just ask them to put them back on. A couple of growls but everybody has complied. We just need more snow. The danger is the usual early season WROD issues.

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
The opening day cluster seems to have been an anomaly. The rest of the weekdays have felt pretty normal for early season. I am feeling pretty safe skiing to be honest. There is plenty of social distancing in the lines and faces are mostly covered. There are a few who drop the face coverings in the morning line. If they are near me, I just ask them to put them back on. A couple of growls but everybody has complied. We just need more snow. The danger is the usual early season WROD issues.

At Mtn High they have employees managing the lines on the quad chair, and they have been doing a good job telling people to mask up as well as keeping the lines moving. The double chairs only have an additional employee (besides the liftie) that works the lines, but given the amount of people using them that seems adequate. Most people are using their masks properly, I wear mine all the time except for when ingesting mass quantities...

of Ramen lol

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
^^^Glacial. I wonder if it will open before everything shuts down again. ETA, snow was prime on open runs yesterday.

Last edited:

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Yeah, I had fun for what it was

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We haven’t been there since Thanksgiving. Hopefully, it’s less crazy since they opened Summit run. I got tired of the parents bringing their snowplowing babies down miracle mile while “straight down” sliders flew by without any regard for others. We’re hitting SV today but will be back at Summit tomorrow.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We haven’t been there since Thanksgiving. Hopefully, it’s less crazy since they opened Summit run. I got tired of the parents bringing their snowplowing babies down miracle mile while “straight down” sliders flew by without any regard for others. We’re hitting SV today but will be back at Summit tomorrow.
Looking forward to the report of SV .

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does SS have any covid safety protocols? It has been a very very long time since I was last at SS and I remember the mountain being very crowded on weekdays even if they just fill up the parking lot at the base.
And Mt. High...I used to call it Mt. Die, especially at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor