• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Big Bear, Mountain High, Waterman, Baldy meet up thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If any of you followed the bomb scare story on the news last night... that was my house! :geek: Crazy tweaker in the neighborhood was trying to break into our house and threatened some teens. She told them she had a pipe bomb in her backpack. Then she hid the bag under our truck. The whole neighborhood was evacuated but we couldn’t get our car out. A neighbor gave us a lift to by a hotel for the night. All is well- there was no bomb in the bag. The police and hotel folks were super nice. The sheriffs paid $100 of our hotel bill and the hotel waived the dog fee. I prefer my adventure on the slopes!
:geek: :geek: :geek:

Wow!! Glad it was just a hoax/threat and not something real.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
If any of you followed the bomb scare story on the news last night... that was my house! :geek: Crazy tweaker in the neighborhood was trying to break into our house and threatened some teens. She told them she had a pipe bomb in her backpack. Then she hid the bag under our truck. The whole neighborhood was evacuated but we couldn’t get our car out. A neighbor gave us a lift to by a hotel for the night. All is well- there was no bomb in the bag. The police and hotel folks were super nice. The sheriffs paid $100 of our hotel bill and the hotel waived the dog fee. I prefer my adventure on the slopes!
Damn, glad you guys are safe. Scary situation

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Waxed up the skis last weekend in the hopes of coming up on Friday, but now I see that it's supposed to be 65 degrees.
Yuck. Not too keen to ski on mashed potatoes.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied Summit yesterday and Bear today. We left at noon both days but conditions were still very good everywhere but the base run outs. It is supposed to warm up this week, but the sun hits at a different angle than in spring so the snow holds up longer

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Mothertucker were you at Bear today? I thought I spotted you but you know this whole mask disguisey thing messes me up. We were there with Tony Crocker and Liz. We’ve skied with them a few times this season. We’d love to take some laps with you one of these days

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
@Mothertucker were you at Bear today? I thought I spotted you but you know this whole mask disguisey thing messes me up. We were there with Tony Crocker and Liz. We’ve skied with them a few times this season. We’d love to take some laps with you one of these days
I was, but without a helmet. :geek: How about taking some laps Friday night? IMG_20201227_204502285.jpg

Popeye Cahn

Out on the slopes
Skier
@river-z, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, surfaces have been great all week. Crowds are gone and they made quite a bit of snow. Went to Bear Monday and it was in great shape.

Good to know, I'm taking advantage of a free pass tomorrow. Bringing the grom and non sking spouse. If you see someone in blue retro wear with the technique of a hippo, that'll be me.

TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was, but without a helmet. :geek: How about taking some laps Friday night? View attachment 120812

Friday night on a MLK weekend? Hell no! What's your schedule like next week.

Good to know, I'm taking advantage of a free pass tomorrow. Bringing the grom and non sking spouse. If you see someone in blue retro wear with the technique of a hippo, that'll be me.
I change looks and will likely be in a turquoise puffy sweater, turquoise helmet and black pants. Bob will a blue jacket, red pants, red helmet. We will both be on Stockli Stormrider skis. I'll send a PM with phone number; if you want to meet up send a text. Don't feel obliged but we are always happy to meet new folks for a few laps. We even enjoy the groms!

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
@river-z, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, surfaces have been great all week. Crowds are gone and they made quite a bit of snow. Went to Bear Monday and it was in great shape.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the intel. I think I'm gonna give Snow Valley a try. I bought one of those cheap 4 packs they offered and need to get going on using them.

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for the intel. I think I'm gonna give Snow Valley a try. I bought one of those cheap 4 packs they offered and need to get going on using them.
Very slight chance of snow next week. I think the heat wave will break next week and hopefully back to rain and snow to restore mountains to "winter " like conditions

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
SV is a very different animal. It will be completely shot by 10:30. It’s a full sun mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Pat AKA mustski

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Summit was great also. We left at noon and 7 was still rock hard. Conditions were softened at the base of 10 and the traverse to log chute and chair 7- but otherwise still good.

Last edited:

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
OpenSnow has a new snow forecast for Southern California, just in time for the storm cycle coming our way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online