• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Team OneEdge are big fans.

Second the white chicken chili. Other favorites are the pulled pork and the mixed berry cobbler. Order 2x for dinner, and eat the berry cobbler leftovers for breakfast and the pulled port for lunch.
Anyone care to share contact details for Gourmet Gals :)

dovski

Skier
Free Wydaho stone grinds off of Dakota, Shedhorn, Challenger and the Headwaters lifts!
Problem solved. Spoke to the tune shop at Sturtevant's in Bellevue, WA. They have a brand new Montana and know how to use it. They agreed to run the skis through for me Monday night while I waited. Their prices are reasonable and their techs are artists with those tunes, just look at the pretty picture the carved in the base of my SR95's
IMG_0057.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Free Wydaho stone grinds off of Dakota, Shedhorn, Challenger and the Headwaters lifts!
The free stone grinds are:poo:. Myhusband is kind of freaking out about his new Stocklis.

Problem solved. Spoke to the tune shop at Sturtevant's in Bellevue, WA. They have a brand new Montana and know how to use it. They agreed to run the skis through for me Monday night while I waited. Their prices are reasonable and their techs are artists with those tunes, just look at the pretty picture the carved in the base of my SR95's
View attachment 123251

Seriously you might want to wait. It’s supposed to be snowy (and a lot of it) for a week. Tune isn’t such an issue in powder. Just a thought. Our skis got beat to hell this week. It’s going to take several feet to cover things up. We found pebbles and larger every where we went.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
And even for Big Sky it is f***ing cold at the moment so bring the heavy down jackets! i am here at the moment for the FIS international Masters and stripping down to my race suit for SG training today was painful! :geek:

And you can thank the Masters racers for the new snow. Organize some speed races and it is sure to start dumping....

Has certainly made wax choice interesting....i thought i had waxed pretty cold but not cold enough. -12C snow temps and new snow makes for a tricky choice. So when prepping SG skis tonight I (nearly!) went for the Hybrid green in my box which i have never used! But chickened out and went with cold graphite and Holmenkol hybrid -10-16 plus ultra instead. A bit of a crap shoot so hope it works! If not it will need to be supplemented with overlays for the second race :ogbiggrin:... Since this will be the last opportunity for most of us to (legally) use flouro waxes may as well be liberal with what is in the box!

dovski

Skier
And even for Big Sky it is f***ing cold at the moment so bring the heavy down jackets! i am here at the moment for the FIS international Masters and stripping down to my race suit for SG training today was painful! :geek:

And you can thank the Masters racers for the new snow. Organize some speed races and it is sure to start dumping....

Has certainly made wax choice interesting....i thought i had waxed pretty cold but not cold enough. -12C snow temps and new snow makes for a tricky choice. So when prepping SG skis tonight I (nearly!) went for the Hybrid green in my box which i have never used! But chickened out and went with cold graphite and Holmenkol hybrid -10-16 plus ultra instead. A bit of a crap shoot so hope it works! If not it will need to be supplemented with overlays for the second race :ogbiggrin:... Since this will be the last opportunity for most of us to (legally) use flouro waxes may as well be liberal with what is in the box!
Damn I just looked at the weather forecast and even by Canadian standards that is really cold. I am bringing my insulated ski pants and down ski jacket. Also looks like I will need mitts not gloves. On the plus side this weather is naturally conducive to wearing face masks

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
The free stone grinds are:poo:. Myhusband is kind of freaking out about his new Stöcklis.

Just factor it in to the cost of your ski trip. Life is too short to be skiing old skis. Lone Peak is a giant pile of rocks; you will enjoy yourself (and the mountain) more if you relax your ptex standards.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice! What did you demo?
Nordica Santa Ana 98. Loved them. Drove to Bozeman and bought a pair. They will be perfect for me at Targhee, where they picked up 14” overnight, another 10” or so today, and another 10” or so forecast over the weekend. Today’s drive will be...an adventure! Thank GOD for a Grand Cherokee with new Blizzaks!

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@AmyPJ, if it make you feel better I’ve trashed Stocklis here in the biggest snow seasons, It’s the price of doing battle at BS.

@ScotsSkier, Thought I saw you yesterday, good luck with the race and hope the r crew is taking care of you guys.

@dovski, it’s a dry cold, think of it kinda like Arizona :ogbiggrin: only not. Since skiing here full time, I’ve been going with heated boots and gloves, call me a pussy but what ever works.

Ullr has turned on the faucet for us, it’s time to go to work.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ, if it make you feel better I’ve trashed Stöcklis here in the biggest snow seasons, It’s the price of doing battle at BS.

@ScotsSkier, Thought I saw you yesterday, good luck with the race and hope the r crew is taking care of you guys.

@dovski, it’s a dry cold, think of it kinda like Arizona :ogbiggrin: only not. Since skiing here full time, I’ve been going with heated boots and gloves, call me a pussy but what ever works.

Blower today. Enjoy. The drive in the snow has been awesome.
For whatever reason my husband, who has tuned skies professionally for 23 years, gets all wigged out about scratches and dinged up edges. I think because he’s blown a few edges out himself and also seen the damage that can done way too many times. As in, those brand new skis are toast kind of damage.

Can’t wait to ski Big Sky again. I saw a lot of stuff that I wanted to get into, but I wasn’t about to lead my friend in over her head (we did accidentally get into a pretty long mogul run-thank God for having a highly experienced instructor along!)

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Hi BSS, give me a shout if you see me on the hill. Would be good to say hi! I will be wearing a light blue USST jacket with blue pants or in a light blue/white USST race suit if between runs

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I will be wearing a light blue USST jacket with blue pants or in a light blue/white USST race suit if between runs
Based on your moniker I was expecting you to be in a kilt. I will keep an eye out for that USST jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m surprised the deck at Everett’s isn’t open. Wouldn’t take much staff and offers another location.
Holiday sized crowd at lower elevations in BS today.

Sponsor

Staff online