• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
:geek:
My daughters boss lives 898 yards from the mapped fire lines. But SW. It looked like the fire was headed the other way, but that could change.

Years ago when we were scoping out where we'd like to live, we looked up Bridger Canyon Road, but couldn't afford it. That was a big factor in our move to Whitefish.

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Fire Map 9/6
2020_09_06-13.33.54.227-CDT.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
For skiing reference, the top edge of the marked uncontrolled area is about 2.5 - 3 miles south of Bridger Bowl.

And wow... that's close to Bozeman too.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
In non-fire related news a man was attacked by a sow and two cub bears this morning near the Yellow Mule trail here in Big Sky. The bears had taken possession of a carcass killed earlier this weekend by a hunter.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Booked today for a February trip again this year! Now we just have to hope we can get lift tickets...

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Booked today for a February trip again this year! Now we just have to hope we can get lift tickets
A lot of resorts offer "Ski & Stay" packages that include lift tickets. The lodges that are not resort owned get to buy the tickets from the resort at wholesale prices. IMO, for 20/2021 "Ski & Stay" is the best non ski pass option.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
A lot of resorts offer "Ski & Stay" packages that include lift tickets. The lodges that are not resort owned get to buy the tickets from the resort at wholesale prices. IMO, for 20/2021 "Ski & Stay" is the best non ski pass option.

+1. Even in other years I've found, when it's available, that you're usually getting the tickets for almost nothing more. (Though Big Sky often has rooms at 20% discount, which if you can get potentially covers lift tickets, especially if not everyone in party is skiing)

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier

Have an IKON so it will depend on options for passholders. It was more of a joke than anything else because I think everything will resolve itself by then given some intel I have from some pharma friends regarding the situation. I'll leave that unsaid to keep that worm can closed and keep the moderators safe. ;)

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Have an IKON so it will depend on options for passholders. It was more of a joke than anything else because I think everything will resolve itself by then given some intel I have from some pharma friends regarding the situation. I'll leave that unsaid to keep that worm can closed and keep the moderators safe. ;)
I booked Big Sky for February but made sure to book through the resort, which actually worked out well since they were offering 30% off condos :). Hoping that since I booked through them they will guarantee us lift tickets that we get with our Boyne reciprocal privileges and Mountain Collective passes. If not will have to cancel the trip as no point going there and not skiing. I think they have to accommodate us since booked our rooms through the resort ... here is hoping that gives us priority :)

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
I booked Big Sky for February but made sure to book through the resort, which actually worked out well since they were offering 30% off condos :). Hoping that since I booked through them they will guarantee us lift tickets that we get with our Boyne reciprocal privileges and Mountain Collective passes. If not will have to cancel the trip as no point going there and not skiing. I think they have to accommodate us since booked our rooms through the resort ... here is hoping that gives us priority :)

Yeah, I'd expect you to have priority for tickets . . . what are their cancellation policies? Because I'd cancel if I didn't get lift tickets!

dovski

Skier
Yeah, I'd expect you to have priority for tickets . . . what are their cancellation policies? Because I'd cancel if I didn't get lift tickets!
Right now it is 30 days and a 10% cancelation fee, but they said if Covid continues they will extend their summer policy which is 7 days and no cancelation fee. They also told me if I cannot ski they would let me cancel. Do not have any of this in writing but they are booking up quickly so decided to grab a sweet deal while they are still available and spin the wheel on everything else.

dovski

Skier
The season Covid outline is coming soon, we’ve only got 75 days till opening.
I think everyone who has booked through Boyne or big sky properties will be fine unless we have a major outbreak.
If I hear any different I will PM all that are coming.
The really important questions are 1) will you ski with us and 2) more importantly what are we drinking for après ski :cool:

Sponsor

Staff online