• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
With the original closing date passed, we can look forward to next winter . . . let's hope.

Unfortunately, no SwiftCurrent6 progress to talk about, probably reduced construction (if any) to other parts of the resort, and maybe only speculation about whether the season will exist at all.

Have at it.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Reading and watching statements from multiple resort operators including Boyne indicate they’re all waiting for mid to late May to plan both summer and winter openings. Lots of unknowns.
Montana continues to have great Covid numbers state wide.
Hope they’ll let us back in this summer!

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
We're opening back up, but over-reacting early relative to our numbers at the time was a huge win from a virus standpoint. Maybe Gallatin county would have been in better shape with even a few days sooner. Economically, a big question. We're heavily tourist dependent. I'm in no rush for 800,000 people to descend on Whitefish this summer, though. I'd like to be able to walk the streets myself.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
check your emails Big Sky pass holders :ogbiggrin:

Moon Over Lone Peak at Sunrise
SEASON PASS UPDATE​
Understandably, there have been many questions about our plans for the 2020-21 ski season. To help answer some of those questions, we wanted to share an update on how we are moving forward with winter ski passes.
  • As a token of gratitude to the Big Sky community, we will be providing Loyalty Pricing for returning passholders who wish to purchase a 20-21 season pass.
  • Additionally, we are adding a new pass to our 20-21 lineup that will provide another option for unlimited access to the Tram.
  • We also want to give our passholders plenty of time to make the decision that is right for them. The savings deadline for season passes has been extended to June 15, 2020.
  • While we intend on operating for the 20-21 winter season, we understand that our guests might feel uncertain about purchasing a season pass. Therefore, we are working on a season pass assurance program to offer flexibility with your pass purchase, including a rollover to the 2021-22 winter season if a season-long interruption were to occur this winter.
We will share more details about Loyalty Pricing, the new pass option, and assurance program come May. Rest assured, if you have already purchased a 20-21 season pass, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments once our new lineup is available.

We thank you for being a loyal Big Sky passholder, and are looking forward to brighter days ahead, spent on the mountain together​

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier

SEASON PASS UPDATE​

Understandably, there have been many questions about our plans for the 2020-21 ski season. To help answer some of those questions, we wanted to share an update on how we are moving forward with winter ski passes.​
  • As a token of gratitude to the Big Sky community, we will be providing Loyalty Pricing for returning passholders who wish to purchase a 20-21 season pass.
  • Additionally, we are adding a new pass to our 20-21 lineup that will provide another option for unlimited access to the Tram.
  • We also want to give our passholders plenty of time to make the decision that is right for them. The savings deadline for season passes has been extended to June 15, 2020.
  • While we intend on operating for the 20-21 winter season, we understand that our guests might feel uncertain about purchasing a season pass. Therefore, we are working on a season pass assurance program to offer flexibility with your pass purchase, including a rollover to the 2021-22 winter season if a season-long interruption were to occur this winter.

We will share more details about Loyalty Pricing, the new pass option, and assurance program come May. Rest assured, if you have already purchased a 20-21 season pass, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments once our new lineup is available.

We thank you for being a loyal Big Sky passholder, and are looking forward to brighter days ahead, spent on the mountain together​

Nice to see an update from Taylor in my in box regarding next season even if it very short on specifics.

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier

SEASON PASS UPDATE​
Understandably, there have been many questions about our plans for the 2020-21 ski season. To help answer some of those questions, we wanted to share an update on how we are moving forward with winter ski passes.​

We never got this email. I just bi*ched about not hearing from them in another ski forum. Thanks for sharing.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
We never got this email. I just bi*ched about not hearing from them in another ski forum. Thanks for sharing.

Did you tick the "would you like to get updates from Big Sky" button when you got your passes?

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
Did you tick the "would you like to get updates from Big Sky" button when you got your passes?
Hmmm. Probably not. Because my season was over the day we bought, in my sadness I’m sure I rejected all forms of communication by opting out. All is well now though because I have you and you rock! Thank you!

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Seems like a good thing for Winter skiing prospects that Big Sky is reopening for the summer season - https://bigskyresort.com/summer-activities

Of course, the non-Montanan 14-day quarantine plus limited air service probably means not too many people. But at least they're confident they can do it.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am glad about this alternative to the "gold pass":
Introducing the new Double Black pass, which offers daily access to the mountain, with no blackout dates throughout the season, and unlimited access to the Tram.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
A mountain biker was attacked earlier today near Ousel Falls in Big Sky. The victim was biking alone.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
A mountain biker was attacked earlier today near Ousel Falls in Big Sky. The victim was biking alone.
For those naturally wondering by what (mountain lion, bear, vagrant, etc.), here's the news item.
KRTV Great Falls News: Man survives attack by grizzly bear near Big Sky.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This was about a mile from home :geek: and heard about it after our daily outing, nothing further to add at this hour.

FYI - @Philpug and @Tricia Ousel falls was the hike we took you on last September !

At this time of year we never bike or hike alone and always have bear spray at the ready. I would expect more wildlife encounters up into Spanish peaks and YC as there is way to much building going on causing the wildlife to be displaced.
i was reminded just how wild it is here when a coworker spotted two wolfs chasing an moose on his way to work last week.

Last edited:

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
A little more on the bear attack from KBZK:
In Montana, specifically West of Billings, is bear country and on Monday in Big Sky there was a bear attack in the Spanish Peaks area.
“Fortunately this person was able to walk back to the road and get help from motorists, was able to get medical treatment," said Morgan Jacobsen, spokesperson for the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. "(He) was eventually flown to Billings where he remains in critical but stable condition for (his) injuries."
On Monday, a male in his 60’s was riding his bike on a now closed private trail when he ran into the grizzly bear.
“A lot of this investigation is still ongoing," said Jacobsen. "There’s a lot we don’t know. We do know this mountain biker was alone at the time of the attack and fortunately they did survive.”
They believe the man came around a turn with a blindspot when he ran into the bear and a bear reacting defensive in nature when surprised is typical.
“Sometimes the nature of activities that are deliberately fast moving, or quiet, such as hunting or mountain biking or trail running, puts recreationists at an increased risk for surprising a bear,” Jacobsen said.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
A bit more about his injuries in this.

Flathead Beacon: Man Mauled by Grizzly Bear in Critical, Stable Condition.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was about a mile from home :geek: and heard about it after our daily outing, nothing further to add at this hour.

FYI - @Philpug and @Tricia Ousel falls was the hike we took you on last September !

At this time of year we never bike or hike alone and always have bear spray at the ready. I would expect more wildlife encounters up into Spanish peaks and YC as there is way to much building going on causing the wildlife to be displaced.
i was reminded just how wild it is here when a coworker spotted two wolfs chasing an moose on his way to work last week.
4E318F27-0239-4087-A29E-7E4DC2EAAEBB.jpeg

Sponsor