• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
No idea of when the passes go on sale, but usually the season passes are on sale by now.

Most years they promote them in part with skiing for the rest of this season, too, right? Wonder if that promotional technique has been dropped because of COVID (enough people already booked)

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Wonder if that promotional technique has been dropped because of COVID (enough people already booked)
That is what I thought. Seems like most other areas have their passes on sale already. Knowing BS, they are trying to figure out how to screw us locals even more. The last few years they have gotten rid of the Madison pass (very popular with the folks here in Ennis) and the weekday pass (very popular with the retired set).

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
That is what I thought. Seems like most other areas have their passes on sale already. Knowing BS, they are trying to figure out how to screw us locals even more. The last few years they have gotten rid of the Madison pass (very popular with the folks here in Ennis) and the weekday pass (very popular with the retired set).
Not sure if this is related or not, but my local hill is also owned by Boyne and they were supposed to start season pass sales today, but have now delayed until Friday. Perhaps all Boyne resorts are on a similar timeline.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier

Though the Spring benefit is really only a benefit to new passholders . . . I'm not sure they're really trying to "screw" locals so much as not leave money on the table, which as a business I'd expect them to do. I don't follow all the details because I can only dream of being a local, but it seems like sometimes they add season products that meet gaps, like this year's pass that gives 7 days of tram use (after a year or two of either buying a full tram-access pass or buying individual tickets at full price for days you want to use the tram.

Covid has probably made a total hash of their demand models too, making it harder for a decision as to how to tweak things.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yesterday’s high of 50 degrees made for some
great skiing.
Last nights winds topped out at 104mph at the summit, temps dropped to the teens made things shall we say, interesting at best.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Last nights winds topped out at 104mph at the summit, temps dropped to the teens made things shall we say, interesting at best.
It didn't get that strong here in Ennis, but it got strong enough to suck our ceiling cover into the attic.
IMG_4688.jpg

Spinning Wheel

Booting up
Skier
Thinking about heading out to Big Sky for some mid-week skiing for the last week of operations (April 12 if that's still correct). A buddy was saying that his local friends hadn't been happy with the snow all season but I have no idea who they are or what their criteria was. I'm not expecting miracles, just some springtime fun. How are the conditions holding up? Anything to worry about that would make it NOT worth the drive out from Seattle?

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
How are the conditions holding up? Anything to worry about that would make it NOT worth the drive out from Seattle?
I am not sure about your buddy's local friends, but February had great snow. The snow pack holding up well and there has been some refresh. The weather has been toggling between winter and spring and the skiing has been good most days.

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not sure if this is related or not, but my local hill is also owned by Boyne and they were supposed to start season pass sales today, but have now delayed until Friday. Perhaps all Boyne resorts are on a similar timeline.
New England Passes are on sale now, so it's not company-wide.

Granted, with our (lack of) snowpack, they may have been scared to wait. I think they did provide a pretty lengthy window before price increases.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You took the words right out of my mouth ! UGH on the price increase, big time. I for one would have rode the tram a ton more if the line was smaller, we will see. Upwards of $80 to add tram on some holidays.
Can hardly wait and see what daily tix prices
will be ?
12 days till we move to the 21-22 thread, then we can start to discuss the new Tram slated for 22-23. Route and cabins are already picked, prepare for your minds to be blown !

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I for one would have rode the tram a ton more if the line was smaller, we will see.

Agree, tram lines have only gotten longer the past few seasons and my tram rides fewer. Doing tram laps with a two car wait on a sunny day are getting to be distant memories.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
The 2021-2022 Big Sky season passes are finally on sale:https://bigskyresort.com/season-pass

Next season has some changes including a price increase and upcharges for riding the tram with IKON, MC and most BS season passes.

And single/multi-day tickets . . . gonna be interesting. I seriously doubt any prices will decrease as a result of not having tram access.

Mixed mind on this - on the one hand, it makes total sense given the long lines. It probably will cut down on those lines somewhat, so it's more valuable. On the other hand, it feels pretty wrong to charge extra for access to a good chunk of the mountain. They'd better be prepared to tell us how the conditions are on the Peak - would suck to pony up for a day pass on the tram and find it's all ice . . .

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
we can start to discuss the new Tram slated for 22-23. Route and cabins are already picked, prepare for your minds to be blown !

Do you have insider information you're forbidden to share? otherwise - spill!

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can’t share at this time but can tell you Tram
line shouldn’t be a problem in ‘22

Big Sky = big balls. I’ll believe it when I see when / where the tower goes in

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ha - line won’t be a problem because they’ll Jack up the tram add on charge to finance it.

Sponsor

Staff online