• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’ll believe it when I see when / where the tower goes in
There have been other plans for summit access that turned out to be talk. The HSQ up Liberty Bowl being an example. I'll settle for better lifts to get out of the main base and Madison base.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
There have been other plans for summit access that turned out to be talk. The HSQ up Liberty Bowl being an example. I'll settle for better lifts to get out of the main base and Madison base.
Well, Swifty 2.0 is coming …
But agree - serve a lot more people with a 6 shooter upgrade and the addition of a gondola up to powderseeker.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
In non tram access news, it is snowing accumulating snow at Big Sky today! With sun tomorrow it should be another fabulous spring skiing day.

1617912462696.png

Troth

Booting up
Skier
Im consider coming over to big sky to get in a couple more lift service days for the year, my local hill closed this past weekend. I’m wondering if the skiing is worth the drive over, I see that it has been on the colder side the last few days but should warm up a bit for the weekend. Do you think it will be good spring skiing? Does Big sky typically shutdown large chunks of the mountain prior to closing day? I assume there will be the typical closing weekend shenanigans that you find at most resorts. Also, I saw that there is no overnight parking in the resort parking lots, any suggestions on where we can park overnight would be appreciated. I heard some people just park in the turn out right before the resort but not sure about that or if it would be enjoyable. Thanks for the help

PlainsSkier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I was just there Sunday and Monday, everything was open and the skiing was decent. There was a little bit of everything, some good spots and some really icy/crusty spots. Was pretty cold, so things didn't warm up much above freezing by the end of either day.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Troth - echo what p skier said above, variable off the tram and most places at the moment and only going to warm towards the weekend.
Today was not very spring like but pockets of good, soft groomers are to be had.

look up the lavinski parking lot ( spelling ? ) as it’s been a low key tribal type camp lot this year and believe there is no fee. If that’s a no go feel free to PM me for other options. I’ll see what else is out there.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
We were there last Monday and my wife broke her leg when she hit some chunky ice o the side of Calamaty Jane. Her right ski immediately popped off and she went down with her left leg underneath her. Her orthopedic surgeon (just had surgery yesterday) said he decided not to go for closing weekend after all of the injuries he has see coming from BS the last two weeks.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
We were there last Monday and my wife broke her leg when she hit some chunky ice o the side of Calamaty Jane.
Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery! She is fortunate to have a good looking live in home healthcare aid to help her through this :cool:

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
@skidrew - this 21 COVID season is a wrap !

A total retro weekend with fantastic weather, great snow and just about everything open.
Bravo ! Big Sky staff for a job well done.

Retro day

View attachment 131690

Sun setting on 2021

View attachment 131691

One of the many, many, great days

View attachment 131692
Looking forward to the 2021 and beyond stoke !

Great shots! Lone Peak never gets old--as a backdrop or a descent.

Side note--those Red Sleds are the real deal from the 80s! Gotta be 210cm?