• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hated leaving yesterday morning with all of the fresh snow falling and after having a great time skiing with my fellow Pugs. It was my first Gathering but it won't be my last. I promised my son a trip out west next winter so unless I can do 2 trips that one will take priority. He's not ready for Jackson and if I brought him I doubt we'd make it beyond the après Vous or Casper chairs. We're going to come back to Big Sky because I know he'll love it. One or both of us will be at the Aspen Gathering.

It was great meeting everyone and putting some faces to screen names. It's not easy for an introvert to feel comfortable around new people but you all made it easy.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I hated leaving yesterday morning with all of the fresh snow falling and after having a great time skiing with my fellow Pugs. It was my first Gathering but it won't be my last. I promised my son a trip out west next winter so unless I can do 2 trips that one will take priority. He's not ready for Jackson and if I brought him I doubt we'd make it beyond the après Vous or Casper chairs. We're going to come back to Big Sky because I know he'll love it. One or both of us will be at the Aspen Gathering.

It was great meeting everyone and putting some faces to screen names. It's not easy for an introvert to feel comfortable around new people but you all made it easy.
:wave: it was nice meeting you too!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another great day at Big Sky. We had some intervals of better visibility, and it is snowing again as I am typing. We met up with Skisailor, nolo, and Ridge Hippie who showed me some parts of Big Sky that I had not seen before. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This has been a fantastic week. Two more tired, exhausted, wonderful days! Thank you all!
20190228_094751.jpg
Kollette and @Shifterkart

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wish we had ESP............ the 4-5 hour drive to Jackson yesterday turned into 11 hours (with a fair amount of crappy driving and and an overturned cattle truck). JH today was very foggy with heavy wet snow. We quit early-no place to really get out of it and frankly it wasn't much fun (and that's why we do this!) after 5 days of great skiing at BIg Sky. Tomorrow should be better.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
What a great day today. We had a view of Lone Peak from our room at the Lodge at Big Sky when we got up and ran into a few Pugs that I had not seen for a year at breakfast. I took a lap on Swift Current with my wife's advanced intermediate group early then left them on Powder Seeker. IMG_6792.JPG That little dot above my wife is the tram. I was at the right end of the tape lift into Steep and Deep and was the first one into the untracked bowl. After a few more laps with a small Pugski group, including two on the Turkey Traverse that both included F-bombs from those who couldn't handle it, I went with a mostly Canadian group to just opened Sledhorn and Dakota. I didn't stay long as I returned to base, joining my wife for lunch. After lunch my luck got even better. Not only did I only have a two tram wait shortly after 2, but I had some sun and good visibility at the top even though it was not that promising on the way up. IMG_6798.JPG IMG_6805.JPG IMG_6814.JPG I still found some rocks, but that seems to be part of the price you pay for skiing the untracked here. My wife and I skied separately until 3:45 and joined the fun group at the poker table in the back of Montana Jack for 2nd day in a row.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
, I’m sorry but I felt compelled to share this moment with everyone.
I was comingdown a pitch that ended in a slot in the trees. So I make a couple of not-so-great truns in the trees, Stop to regroup. I look up and see a patroler waiting above me. So I make a couple of good turns, but as it opens up, we have your second picture "Oh no, I'm back!"
So I lunge to try to get forward, wind up faceplanting with my skis spread eagle below me. Your first picture.

I am stuck. @Needham skis down and gets one ski off so I can roll over and stand up.
By now the patroller is below us at the bottom of the pitch staring at us. Needham reassures him.
At least I got my ski back on first try (using the tail stuck in the snow method).

Sponsor