• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Big Sky gets Bode

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This has nothing to do with Bode and the academy at Big Sky, but you wondered if he would forerun a course. Which reminded me that I actually ran a course where he was a forerunner. It was during a NASTAR Nationals at Park City. Was his time faster than mine? Some, though I did finish the same day.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
It looks like there will be another draw to Big Sky.

At last week's "Music in the Mountains" concert in the Big Sky town center (yes we have one by the rodeo grounds) Bode presented a very moving media piece about his family and the loss of his daughter Emmy. The concert was well attended and Bode was welcomed into the community.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
He has actually been living here for a while.

His race academy starts this fall with what I’m told has enrollment already. Schooling will be in conjunction with the BS high school already highly rated in the state

Put my money in last weeks raffle for a new pair of Bomber skis.... with no luck.
The winner got a new pair of bombers of their choice and a couple of runs with Bode, if they could keep up !

The band, mountain joy is what packed the meadows, great evening in the mountains !

6F504DCB-C23F-4466-AC06-479F4A7F9477.jpeg

TS
Sibhusky

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Long article here, mostly about his daughters death:

The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: A year after daughter's death, Morgan, Bode Miller move to Big Sky with focus on family.
https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_a117402d-768d-5f16-89f9-b7ba68218685.html

And a shorter article:

NBC Montana: Olympic gold medalist Bode Miller makes home in Montana.
http://nbcmontana.com/news/local/olympic-gold-medalist-bode-miller-makes-home-in-montana

He's going to be busy. The first article says: "after they move he will work with and represent Spanish Peaks Mountain Club, Moonlight Basin and Lone Mountain Land Company." And the second says: "While in Montana, Miller will be working with the Big Sky Ski Education Foundation and the Art Council of Big Sky."

Last edited: