• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There were a record number of atmospheric rivers last season. Hopefully that continues!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
OpenSnow's update from today for Tahoe says "3-6 inches possible above 8,000 feet tonight into Friday morning, 1-3 inches above 7,000 feet, and a dusting to an inch at lake level."

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
IMG_2542.PNG

I think 3-6" is a pretty good forecast for Tahoe based on EC. Looks like a nice AR event, especially for late October. Look forward to seeing some pics of the snow!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Jasmine is heading to Canada to see her daughter at College. I have a feeling she'll be flying riiiiiiiight along the storm line that goes from Tahoe to Vancouver.
Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 6.37.04 AM.png

Jasmine

My mom says I'm a level 7
Skier
I don’t even have my ski gear with me! :(

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
KW web cam shows a nice layer of a few inches of snow. Like the September 20 storm that snow will melt away due to still warm ground temperatures however at this time of year as each storm cools the ground more and with wet layers now at soil surfaces, those freeze at night making it more likely the next storm will finally seal surfaces with white.

http://www.kirkwood.com/mountain/web-cams.aspx

Worth keeping an eye on beyond the long range discussion forecast is a typhoon in the western Pacific moving up towards Japan that may eject out to the northeast into the cold Bering Sea flow juicing atmospheric water content, then out across east into the Gulf of Alaska by the following weekend. Am packed up for a short road trip today over to the Mono Lake zone for fall aspen leaf photography and it appears will need to take the long route over SR88 then down US395.

Sponsor

Staff online