• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

updown

Booting up
Skier
My BSL is 265. Last time when looking for flat bindings I bought Salomon Warden 11 on @Philpug advice and am happy with them. Ready to buy new skis (Volkl Yumi) which are on sale on @SkiEssentials and they offer them with Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW. Can't find any specs about delta. Appreciate again the advice. Thanks!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just order Yumis for one of my daughters last week and went around and around on the bindings. If you haven’t seen it the specs for the attacks can be found here https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-tyrolia-fischer-bindings.16303/. Looks the the 11s have more of a difference between their toe and heel that the other attacks. Whether that will make a difference for you I’d defer to others here that are much more knowledgeable. I ended up ordering 13s.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My BSL is 265. Last time when looking for flat bindings I bought Salomon Warden 11 on @Philpug advice and am happy with them. Ready to buy new skis (Volkl Yumi) which are on sale on @SkiEssentials and they offer them with Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW. Can't find any specs about delta. Appreciate again the advice. Thanks!
The Attack 11 is significantly different in delta than your Warden 11, especially with a 265BSL. I woudl contact @SkiEssentials and ask what the other options are ie Marker M11.0 or the Attack2 12 or another Warden11, there might cost upgrade but worth it.

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Thanks, I did...waiting for them to reply. Found out too in the meantime that 11s have heel piece higher. Will check the thread @mikes781 mentioned. I already have the boot plate with about 5” heel that may contribute to my skiing backseat problems...

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks, I did...waiting for them to reply. Found out too in the meantime’s that 11s have toe piece higher. Will check the thread @mikes781 mentioned. I already have the boot plate with about 5” heel that may contribute to my skiing backseat problems...
I'm sorry..... :huh:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You've responded before I had a chance to edit my post. From what I've learned on another forum the 11s have the HEEL piece higher (not the toe).
It is not so much that the heel of the 11 is higher than the toe..the other bindings mentioned also are, it is that the heel of the 11 is significantly higher than the toe. As far as the other forum, that information originally came from here anyway. ;)

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug. While checking for Warden 11 bindings for my new boots BSL 267 (boot fitter and all) I saw this about Warden MNC 11 which would be very nice if true. Are they really better in that respect from Warden 11?

"Progressive Transfer Pads dampen out vibrations and absorb shock to give you one smooth ride"

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug. While checking for Warden 11 bindings for my new boots BSL 267 (boot fitter and all) I saw this about Warden MNC 11 which would be very nice if true. Are they really better in that respect from Warden 11?

"Progressive Transfer Pads dampen out vibrations and absorb shock to give you one smooth ride"
The MNC11 has a better heel design than the regular Warden 11. It is worth the couple of bucks for the upgrade.

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
The MNC11 has a better heel design than the regular Warden 11. It is worth the couple of bucks for the upgrade.

Better because they smooth the vibration? Would like to know to have the old knees protected to some degree.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Okay, so I just ordered some Salomon Warden MNC 13's. I have pretty much been skiing Aattack 13s and Griffon's and this will be my first pair of Wardens.

Anybody have a strong binding preference and if so, why? I have never tried different bindings on the same ski to really know which ones I'd prefer. The Aattacks are easier to step into than the Griffon's in deep snow, so I think I prefer them for that reason, but skiing performance I have no idea they both seem fine.

Now I'll have the Salomon Warden to try out but it will be hard to separate binding performance versus the ski.

Anybody truly have a chance to test them out to have a preference? Any binding that is safest from an ACL tear prevention perspective? I have read the look pivots really aren't any safer for ACL prevention.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Better because they smooth the vibration? Would like to know to have the old knees protected to some degree.
Sure ;) . Better because they have a more solid heel design.
Okay, so I just ordered some Salomon Warden MNC 13's. I have pretty much been skiing Aattack 13s and Griffon's and this will be my first pair of Wardens.

Anybody have a strong binding preference and if so, why? I have never tried different bindings on the same ski to really know which ones I'd prefer. The Aattacks are easier to step into than the Griffon's in deep snow, so I think I prefer them for that reason, but skiing performance I have no idea they both seem fine.

Now I'll have the Salomon Warden to try out but it will be hard to separate binding performance versus the ski.

Anybody truly have a chance to test them out to have a preference? Any binding that is safest from an ACL tear prevention perspective? I have read the look pivots really aren't any safer for ACL prevention.
I find the Warden to be a little beefier and burlier than the Attack 13. As far as safety in knee protection? No real difference, both will release you as you would expect.

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Yeah. I was more intrigued by the claim - to quote - Warden MNC dampens the vibration/absorbs shocks. Small chicken me has been thrown around as it is. Now it's a small chicken with old knees, so I thought I'd check whether that has been tested/felt by skiers here. So far doesn't look like it...

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah. I was more intrigued by the claim - to quote - Warden MNC dampens the vibration/absorbs shocks. Small chicken me has been thrown around as it is. Now it's a small chicken with old knees, so I thought I'd check whether that has been tested/felt by skiers here. So far doesn't look like it...

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
A follow up question. My current DIN is 4.5. I found a good price on Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW (DIN 4-13) and GW is a plus, but I'd be on the lowest (almost) end of the DIN range...I wonder if it's ok/safe?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A follow up question. My current DIN is 4.5. I found a good price on Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW (DIN 4-13) and GW is a plus, but I'd be on the lowest (almost) end of the DIN range...I wonder if it's ok/safe?
Completely safe.

Sponsor

Staff online