• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi,

I’m looking for a binding suggestion, I tried reading Phil’s descriptions and other binding threads on here, but without a good knowledge of the market I have a hard time understanding the differences.

Release value ~6-8, 95mm skis, BSL ~300, Grip-walk/WTR compatible.
Intermediate-advanced skier. No aggressive skiing: not more than a few feet of air, no race style skiing etc. Place a premium on safety.

Can you suggest about a few bindings to consider? And especially, why? I especially have a a hard time understanding every brand’s “better toe XYZ”, with “ABC release”

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Grip-walk and WTR or Gripwalk or WTR? There is a difference.

In the blue will give you "and" which any will do the job you are requesting.
full

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grip-walk and WTR or Gripwalk or WTR? There is a difference.

In the blue will give you "and" which any will do the job you are requesting.
full

Thanks Phil, I had studied that super handy chart before. I know there is a difference, and that only the overlap will do both. She hasn’t gotten boots yet, so I figured I would leave it open ended, see what people would recommend. Hopefully there would either be good recommendations that fit both soles, or that fit the boot she ends up.

Basically, I wanted to exclude bindings that will only fit regular alpine soles, since her preference is for boots with some enhanced walkability.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Slim Honestly, Any of the 12DIN plus bindings are fine, the only hesitation might be the Griffons because they can be tougher to get into in some condtions otherwise they are all money and no one is safer than the other.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well then, it might just come down to which ones are in stock at my shop, and which brake fits the the closest.

What I know nothing about is things like this quote about the Tyrolia Attack: "Race Pro Heel: This heelpiece looses the diagonal release feature, but gains a more solid interface with the ski"

Taking that at face value, I would say, I would rather pick the Diagonal Heel, for our skiing style. But I would rather hear from people who know what all these designs really do, rather than marketing claims.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid