• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gear Binding weight?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I snagged some ace of spades out of the trash they supposedly have metal but seem very light for 184 cm. What touring bindings can i put on them for under $300? And then skins.

My family will remain lift served focused so these are just to goof around in maybe 1000 feet of climbing although cant count anything out.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
You can score decent lightly used frame bindings (Marker Tour, Salomon Guardian, Tyrolia Adrenaline) for under $200 on the TGR gear swap page. It would be difficult to get tech bindings for under $300. Like many, Marker Tours were my gateway drug to the tech binding world.

TS
Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You can score decent lightly used frame bindings (Marker Tour, Salomon Guardian, Tyrolia Adrenaline) for under $200 on the TGR gear swap page. It would be difficult to get tech bindings for under $300. Like many, Marker Tours were my gateway drug to the tech binding world.

Thanks, there is nothing on craigslist here.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You can find new Tyrolia ambitions pretty cheap. They have a better walk and ski mode than most frame bindings.

Do your boots have tech fittings?
If so, keep looking at TGR, geartrade, and used sections at cripple creek.com, skimo.com.
remember dynafit is rebranded by lots of companies, Fischer and Look among others. ATK is rebranded by quite a few as well, notably Hagan and Black diamond.
So make sure you just look for touring bindings, not a certain brand.

New/demo bindings start around $380. Doing that, might be better than saving $100 on a used pair. Then you can buy them from a good shop and have them mount them.

For skins, most skins list around $200, but again, finding something that fits, on closeout, is doable. Even more than bindings, skins are labeled with ski brands names, but are really only made by about 4 factories. As long as they don't have a proprietary attachment system, there is no reason you can't use them on any other brand ski. These 'ski branded' are more often found on sale than their regular ones from the manufacturer. I got some "la Sportiva" skins that way.

If you want cheap at full retail, https://skiskinsonline.com/?gclid=C...HuUGlZLjE8AFuK4jz7zBSDSz0CJXWobwaAjh8EALw_wcB is the way to go. Cheap and strong, but slow.
I would spend a bit more for some mohair/nylon mix skins.
Make sure the skins are wide enough for your skis, although you have a little leeway (I.e. if your ski tips are 138mm, a 130mm skin will still be fine)

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
If you go for a frame binding, be sure to check its size. Many come in Large and Small. There is some cross over range between the two sizes. The best deals are on Large since they aren't in demand.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Wilhelmson how wide are your skis? Would 91mm brakes fit?

Those are great bindings. @laine bought some, so did I, and i just got a second pair for my daughter

Sweet deal on those -- especially if you add the 12% cashback via Active Junky for $30+ off.

TS
Wilhelmson

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Wilhelmson how wide are your skis? Would 91mm brakes fit?

Those are great bindings. @laine bought some, so did I, and i just got a second pair for my daughter

Cool is the 10 in the name din related? You know on park skis i am not going to do jumps way up the mountain at night. 91 would be a little wide but i need to check; the skis are at my ski home.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
q
Cool is the 10 in the name din related? You know on park skis i am not going to do jumps way up the mountain at night. 91 would be a little wide but i need to check; the skis are at my ski home.
yes. Check specs but I think it’s 7-10 reals value(there’s also a lower one)
i saw skis with that name with 86mm waist, so 91 would be pretty much as close as you’d get.