• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binding Width on Ski

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure what toe releasing straight up buys you, but I can recall one instance where bindings NOT releasing upwards at the toe bought me the ability to carve on my tails for one slight turn prior to recovering and getting back in the driver's seat, thus avoiding disaster. I had got knocked back into the rumble seat, due to snow-encrusted goggles and user error (skiing too fast for conditions).
On old straights skis yes I agree, on modern skis can you spell ACL.....

blue

Putting on skis
Skier
Brake arms are not precision equipment. Anyone...accurately measure between the arms when they're extended. If they actually measure what they claim to be, you've got one in a million. In any case, it is no problem to shave a millimeter or so of plastic off the brake arms. The arms can be bent, but they're made of steel that is designed to not bend easily, so bending to size can be a chore.

Dishonest shop?...how can that be? Is it like the shops that charge the full binding installation price to slide system bindings on to the rails already on new skis? Do pay for setting the release adjustment if you can't talk them out of charging for that when you buy skis.
If they’re not perfect yes, just bend it a little with your hand to make it fit if it came bent below the stated width. My attack 13’s brakes bend themselves on a fall, and I just bend it back with my hand ez pz. My pivots are rock solid though.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid