• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

VladSki

Two Aperols please
Skier
Me 6'1-190, age>50, type 2.5 skier, usually run my bindings at 7 or 7.5 without pre releases.

I am considering purchasing Rossi FIS SL skis (Hero Athlete) with Look SPX 15 system bindings. The DIN range on the bindings is 7-15.

Will I be able to ski these safely with the bindings set at their range minimum value of 7?

Thanks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Me 6'1-190, age>50, type 2.5 skier, usually run my bindings at 7 or 7.5 without pre releases.

I am considering purchasing Rossi FIS SL skis (Hero Athlete) with Look SPX 15 system bindings. The DIN range on the bindings is 7-15.

Will I be able to ski these safely with the bindings set at their range minimum value of 7?

Thanks.
Yup.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I have aattack 13 demo bindings on my daily drivers. The 4frnt rep I bought them from recommended changing out the demo bindings eventually because "they are not good for long term use." I have about 40 days on the skis since I got them, and the rep told me they had 3 to 4 days when I bought them. I have not noticed any negative tendencies with the bindings.

Is this something I need to be mindful of? Can I have the demo track removed and have the bindings remounted normally? I kinda like having the demo track so I would rather not change that if I don't have to.
Not sure what he considers long term use. The Attack 13 demo bindings are solid. They get punished pretty good on some of my skis and no issues. You would have to purchase new bindings to be fixed mounted.

brian avery

Skiing - Let's Do This!
Skier
Can fixed mount bindings be adjusted? I am interested in a pair of skis with fixed mount Tyrolia Attack2 13 bindings for boots with 310 BSL. My boots are 320 BSL. Can they be adjusted from 310 to 320 without having to remount?

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Can fixed mount bindings be adjusted? I am interested in a pair of skis with fixed mount Tyrolia Attack2 13 bindings for boots with 310 BSL. My boots are 320 BSL. Can they be adjusted from 310 to 320 without having to remount?
Most likely, yes.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
the answer is on the heel mount. toes are fixed but the heel piece mounts on a track with +/- ~10mm adjustability each direction. you'll need to find out how much rearward adjustability remains on each heel piece in order to answer your question.

tldr; the bindings are designed to accommodate +/- 10mm adjustment but you'll need details on this specific mount to answer your question.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
tldr; the bindings are designed to accommodate +/- 10mm adjustment but you'll need details on this specific mount to answer your question.
Depending on which binding, some more...some less.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Depending on which binding, some more...some less.

Phil...off the top of your head what are the companies/bindings adjustability ranges? (+ -)

Marker Royals?
Tyrolia Attacks?
Salomon Warden/STH’s?
Look Pivots?

Who has the most? (Tyrolia?)
Who has the least (Look Pivots?)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil...off the top of your head what are the companies/bindings adjustability ranges? (+ -)

Marker Royals?
Tyrolia Attacks?
Salomon Warden/STH’s?
Look Pivots?

Who has the most? (Tyrolia?)
Who has the least (Look Pivots?)
Marker Royals-15-18mm
Tyrolia Attacks 20mm
Salomon Warden/STH’s 28mm
Look Pivots 8mm

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Awesome...perfect.....writing those down on wall for the shop rats....thx for da knowledge!
Shop rats should have that information, it is in the tech manuals provided by binding manufacturers. It probably is part of the certification training program the the shop rats have to go through to get the manufacturer indemnification.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Shop rats should have that information, it is in the tech manuals provided by binding manufacturers. It probably is part of the certification training program the the shop rats have to go through to get the manufacturer indemnification.
Probably not.

Uncle-A

Skier
Probably not.
I know it has been many years since I was working, but we had a file cabinet with all the tech manuals from the binding manufacturers that we sold. If we didn't have someone that was certificated in a manufacturer we didn't sell we wouldn't work on that binding.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There are tests that cover more than 1 MFG. And I'm pretty sure ranges aren't really covered.

But I do understand what you are implying. There are so many different bindings, a quick cheat sheet is nice for a few of the main bindings.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

They/I do....but as someone who runs a back room....I appreciate Phil giving those numbers all in one post....very helpful/efficient.

Do u feel that all techs should have the entire tech manual memorized for all the companies? Do u have the entire DIN Adjustment Chart memorized? or do u refer to the chart each time you adjust/mount a ski/binding.....

FWIW, you can get certified without having to have the entire manual memorized......general knowledge/experience goes a long way.

It’s nice to have a “chart” posted on a wall for people/techs to refer to....and when customers come in for an adjustment/remount....it’s a quick look/reference on the wall to let them know if it would just be an adjustment or a more expensive remount...

Charts/notes are good....that’s why someone invented “Post It Notes”.....

Uncle-A

Skier
They/I do....but as someone who runs a back room....I appreciate Phil giving those numbers all in one post....very helpful/efficient.

Do u feel that all techs should have the entire tech manual memorized for all the companies? Do u have the entire DIN Adjustment Chart memorized? or do u refer to the chart each time you adjust/mount a ski/binding.....

FWIW, you can get certified without having to have the entire manual memorized......general knowledge/experience goes a long way.

It’s nice to have a “chart” posted on a wall for people/techs to refer to....and when customers come in for an adjustment/remount....it’s a quick look/reference on the wall to let them know if it would just be an adjustment or a more expensive remount...

Charts/notes are good....that’s why someone invented “Post It Notes”.....
I never said that they should have the information memorized. Even I got one wrong when I took the certification test and my co-worker that scored 100% didn't let me forget his score. If you read the very next post when I replied that we had a filing cabinet in the shop with all the manuals. BTW I still have to look up the size of the pilot hole for the screws of a junior binding.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a pair of new Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 boots, and I'm considering replacing the standard alpine sole pads with the optional GripWalk sole pads.

3 of my pairs of skis have Pivots that work with Gripwalk.

My fourth pair is a set of Laser AXs with Head Evo Freeflex 14s. I wasn't the original owner of the Freeflexs, so I'm not certain what year they are from, but I think they're a 2018 model. I assume these are not Gripwalk compatible, but I haven't been able to find anything definitive on whether they are or not. Does anyone know for sure? If they're not, is there a retrofit available to convert them to Gripwalk?

Thanks

IMG_0033.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online