• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

D. Trenker

Putting on skis
Skier
Problem: I put some attack 13 bindings on my skis, but I can’t get the afd adjustment loose enough. The boots are full tilt with gripwalk soles.

The antifriction plate on the binding and the white smooth plastic insert in the toe of the boot aren’t parallel. So if I let out the adjustment screw past a certain point, moving the binding antifriction plate back on the ski which is supposed to open up the gap, it starts to get tighter. If I screw in the adjustment screw past a certain point it also gets tighter, since that is moving the plate up higher from the ski.

I can barely get a plastic strip which is about 0.5 mm to move pulling on it very hard, at the loosest point. Even a piece of paper can’t be moved.

And I am pushing back on the boot to try and raise the toe of the boot but it doesn’t help.

thumbnail_IMG_2918.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Problem: I put some attack 13 bindings on my skis, but I can’t get the afd adjustment loose enough. The boots are full tilt with gripwalk soles.

The antifriction plate on the binding and the white smooth plastic insert in the toe of the boot aren’t parallel. So if I let out the adjustment screw past a certain point, moving the binding antifriction plate back on the ski which is supposed to open up the gap, it starts to get tighter. If I screw in the adjustment screw past a certain point it also gets tighter, since that is moving the plate up higher from the ski.

I can barely get a plastic strip which is about 0.5 mm to move pulling on it very hard, at the loosest point. Even a piece of paper can’t be moved.

And I am pushing back on the boot to try and raise the toe of the boot but it doesn’t help.

View attachment 121928
I've seen this before. Sadly there is no exact standard for GripWalk soles, more a guideline. I've seen them not match up like this. My only suggestion would be to remove the sole, see if you can belt sand the top of the sole to see if you can gain a millimeter or two to space.

D. Trenker

Putting on skis
Skier
I've seen this before. Sadly there is no exact standard for GripWalk soles, more a guideline. I've seen them not match up like this. My only suggestion would be to remove the sole, see if you can belt sand the top of the sole to see if you can gain a millimeter or two to space.

Thanks Phil, I am going to do that.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
How much toe height adjustment is there in bindings today?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got some new boots with GW soles.

They do not mesh with the "old" Attack 13s on my beloved Motive 95 rock skis.

If I buy a new set of GW Attack 13s, will the mounting pattern be the same, so I can just screw them on without any need to drill new holes?

Thanks!

Oh, and do any forum sponsors have good Attack pricing that you're aware of?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've got some new boots with GW soles.

They do not mesh with the "old" Attack 13s on my beloved Motive 95 rock skis.

If I buy a new set of GW Attack 13s, will the mounting pattern be the same, so I can just screw them on without any need to drill new holes?

Thanks!

Oh, and do any forum sponsors have good Attack pricing that you're aware of?
Yes they will. Same hole pattern..thank you Tyrolia for not making different patterns for different bindings.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Marker Race Xcell series: Same hole pattern as Griffon/Jester? (no race plate, mounted to deck)

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
Interesting. I found some Marker tech docs which indicated the same mounting jig, hence the question to you.
World record response time from you! Thank you @Philpug

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Would the Fischer RC4 freeflex bindings be a good choice for a narrower ski, Liberty V76? I saw those in the "Fischer store", so was wondering about them. The skis these would replace are Fischers with the "system" bindings, was thinking they may have a similar feel?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Would the Fischer RC4 freeflex bindings be a good choice for a narrower ski, Liberty V76? I saw those in the "Fischer store", so was wondering about them. The skis these would replace are Fischers with the "system" bindings, was thinking they may have a similar feel?

I think those would be fine (but I'd throw a plate under them too. ;) ).

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yes they will. Same hole pattern..thank you Tyrolia for not making different patterns for different bindings.
And thank you Tyrolia for making the Free Flex holes the same, too. I have Attack 13 ATs on my Fischer FIS SLs so I don't have to wear my race boots to rip in the mornings. And yes, the Hawx XTD 130s are up to the task. ogsmile

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

I think those would be fine (but I'd throw a plate under them too. ;) ).
You don't need the plate on a 76. It really depends how your going to use the ski. Mega carver? Plate. Relaxed groomer ski? meh.

What often goes unsaid is that if you are going to maximize performance by adding a plate on a ski for carving, you need good strength and technique to get that max performance.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't intend to put a plate on that ski....I would have bought something different if I had the type of skiing in mind where I would want/need it. Just wondering if the free-flex by itself was a viable choice for a narrower groomer ski. Not a lot of choices available when you're looking for a brake narrower than 90mm