• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking for stand height/toe-heel height differential for Warden 11, Warden 11 MNC, and 2021 Squire 11 ID. @Philpug? (I actually found the stand height, trying to find the toe/heel height differential for each one.)

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
if it was mounted at 305, yes you will need a remount, but try it before you remount, because it can be adjusted 300-320 as an example.

If I mount for say a 316,both my GF can ski at 307 and I can at 326

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bob bought some Stockli SR 105s with Tyrolia Attach 13 bindings. He took them to the shop to have them adjusted to his BSL - it was just one size different than the previous owner so a basic adjust. They tested them also. Today was our first soft snow day that he could ski them. He heard a clicking sound under both heels and when he checked it at home, the heel piece moves slightly up and down. Is this normal or should he take them in for a recheck?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Bob bought some Stöckli SR 105s with Tyrolia Attach 13 bindings. He took them to the shop to have them adjusted to his BSL - it was just one size different than the previous owner so a basic adjust. They tested them also. Today was our first soft snow day that he could ski them. He heard a clicking sound under both heels and when he checked it at home, the heel piece moves slightly up and down. Is this normal or should he take them in for a recheck?

Definitely not normal.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Bob bought some Stöckli SR 105s with Tyrolia Attach 13 bindings. He took them to the shop to have them adjusted to his BSL - it was just one size different than the previous owner so a basic adjust. They tested them also. Today was our first soft snow day that he could ski them. He heard a clicking sound under both heels and when he checked it at home, the heel piece moves slightly up and down. Is this normal or should he take them in for a recheck?
I agree with @Noodler it doesn't seem correct, I don't know of any binding that makes a clicking sound when a boot is locked in.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I agree with @Noodler it doesn't seem correct, I don't know of any binding that makes a clicking sound when a boot is locked in.

There's a possibility that Bob's boot soles are worn down or are at least insufficiently thick/high in the heels. IMHO, boot sole heels really should be at least 30mm high (measure to the top of the heel lug), if not 31mm. That ensures that the binding holds the boot with a stiff coupling. I like the toes at 20mm. No, these are not the exact ISO 5355 standard.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The heels have some wear but no problem in other bindings. We are not worried because my Attack 13 demos did the same thing when he checked them. He just has exceptionally good hearing. I couldn’t hear it at all.

Last edited:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The heels have some wear but no problem in other bindings. We are not worried because my Attack 13 demos did the same thing when he checked them. He just has exceptionally good hearing. I couldn’t hear it at all.

Your original post did not state that they were the demo version. That totally changes things. I would have to go check a pair of my demos to see what happens. Are these Attack Demos or Attack2 Demos?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Pat AKA mustski was the toe height checked? The clicking could be coming from that. The binding will still test correct even if the height is off.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes the toe height was checked and when Bob double checked it when he got home - it looked good. Just enough space for a credit card.

@Noodler. Bob’s bindings are not demos. My attacks are demos and also make the clicking sound. I think I will try to get him to take them back in for another look.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes the toe height was checked and when Bob double checked it when he got home - it looked good. Just enough space for a credit card.
You want to to closer than a CC, I believe .5mm which is about a sheet of paper. Also did you pull the cuff rearward to measure? That will pull the lug upward in the toe piece. Also, put the boot in the binding then see where the forward pressure is and how many scribes are visible. Pictures would be helpful.

Pat AKA mustski

Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You want to to closer than a CC, I believe .5mm which is about a sheet of paper. Also did you pull the cuff rearward to measure? That will pull the lug upward in the toe piece. Also, put the boot in the binding then see where the forward pressure is and how many scribes are visible. Pictures would be helpful.
OK. Will put pics later as we are skiing this morning. He's not taking those skis so no risk.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@Philpug - what is the widest ski that you have put a pivot (95) on? I have had them on 100s - still looks like there is a couple of mm’s either side for the bend to clear. 104-105? Or just put 115’s?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug - what is the widest ski that you have put a pivot (95) on? I have had them on 100s - still looks like there is a couple of mm’s either side for the bend to clear. 104-105? Or just put 115’s?
100...on our Sender Ti and Rallybird Ti's, in the low One-Oh's we have 115's.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ready to :roflmao:Bob heard the same thing today. He was on different skis with Warden 13 bindings. Turns out, it’s the first time he’s closed the zipper on the bottom pant leg. The zipper was rattling. Sheesh!
reaction%2Bgif%2Bfirefly%2Bfunny%2Blol%2Bwtf%2Bmeme%2Btrolled.gif

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
Found a great deal on some Pivot 14s with 95mm brakes. Will these work for Rossi Exp. 88 Tis or will there be some brake drag?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online