• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
@Philpug, I just picked up some of those Liberty Evolv90s at Sierra Trading Post, and I was thinking about mounting a set of Rossignol Axial 2 take-offs (still indemnified for 2020-2021) on them.
They are still indemnified, in good shape, and have the right sizes brakes.
Any reason not to?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug, I just picked up some of those Liberty Evolv90s at Sierra Trading Post, and I was thinking about mounting a set of Rossignol Axial 2 take-offs (still indemnified for 2020-2021) on them.
They are still indemnified, in good shape, and have the right sizes brakes.
Any reason not to?
No reason not to, run 'em.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Could use a suggestion for bindings that will work with skis 76 or 82 wide.
Most race derived bindings up to a Pivot 15. The world is your oyster, what brand are you loyal to?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, any thoughts on ability to change from Marker FDT demo bindings to Marker Griffon 13 Demo bindings? Would they share the same holes or need new ones drilled?
I think the FTD demo is a different pattern. I'd hage to see and measure the holes to be sure.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Most race derived bindings up to a Pivot 15. The world is your oyster, what brand are you loyal to?
So after doing a bunch of research both here on Skitalk and on the manufacturers websites, I've narrowed down to a few choices. Since the narrowest brakes seem to be 85 mm, am I correct to assume they would work ok with a 76mm wide ski?
Here are the choices:
Look NX12
Marker 10.0TP
Salomon Z12 or Warden MNC13
Tyrolia AM12 or Attack2 13 (I didn't consider the Attack2 11 since it was indicated they had a high ramp front to back)

I would appreciate any feedback on what may be a good choice. I'm leaning away from the first two as they seem to be low-level bindings. And if there are other options, let me know
My stats: 66YO, advanced intermediate. 185 lbs. IIRC my current bindings are set at about 6.5... I will confirm that tonight. I like to play in moguls but also make big GS turns on edge. Mostly ski the Poconos at this point. They will be going on a set of Liberty V76 skis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look NX12 SPX12
Marker 10.0TP XComp 12
Salomon Z12 or Warden MNC13 or Sth2 13
Tyrolia AM12 or Attack2 13
There are 80mm brakes for the Salomons but they are tough to find and will have to be bought a la Carte.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
In addition to the SPX12, I would add a Pivot 12, 14 or 15 (with B75 brakes), but I like Pivots...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In addition to the SPX12, I would add a Pivot 12, 14 or 15 (with B75 brakes), but I like Pivots...
I do too, but I doubt someone who spent 199 on a ski is going to spend 279-399 for the binding. ;)

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Actually, I have no problem spending more on bindings than the skis. I've actually been surprised at how cheap a lot of bindings relative to ski prices (yeah, I haven't bought any new skis in a while...). I'm honestly just not a fan of the pivots. I highly value my knees, so I'm not looking to scrimp on the bindings.
I did come across the xcomp 12 after I posted. seems like a good choice.

I have attack 13 demo bindings on my Motive 95s, so I'll probably be looking towards them. Might as well go with what you know.

Are there any disadvantages to a demo binding like the Warden 11 that is on skis.com? They seem to have the 80mm brake available. But one of the next steps will be to check local shops to see what they have available before I go to online ordering.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I do too, but I doubt someone who spent 199 on a ski is going to spend 279-399 for the binding. ;)
I once bought a pair of left-over skis (new in plastic, but several years old) for less than $100 Canadian shipped. Then I waited for a pair of bindings to my taste to go on sale for two years. Then I broke down and bought a pair of Marker COMP 16 bindings for the going rate (I can't recall how much, but it was more than twice the price of the skis). Same story for my remainderd Volant's - $100 Canadian, $250 Canadian binders.

SkiMcP

At the junction of 89 & 93
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FWIW my $199 STP Liberty V76’s sport the Marker XComp 16s...

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Correct me if I’m wrong but Comp 12 & 16, attack and warden don’t have upward release in the toe. Most knee injuries happen in backward twisting falls. 11 din bindings are usually not built very stoutly and are best for small people/kids.

Asland

Booting up
Skier
Warden 13 and Warden 13 Demo - do the have the same mounting hole pattern?
I'm thinking no as they seem to use different jigs.
Warden 13 - 3298160001
Warden 13 Demo - 3910910001
Any insights?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Warden 13 and Warden 13 Demo - do the have the same mounting hole pattern?
I'm thinking no as they seem to use different jigs.
Warden 13 - 3298160001
Warden 13 Demo - 3910910001
Any insights?
They do not.

Sponsor