• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Black Crows Atris, Faction Prodigy 4.0, or Dynastar LEGEND X106 for Freeride?

Connor

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am going to be getting into freeride skiing soon. It will be mostly cliff drops, trees, and powder, but I would also enjoy using them for everyday. I am trying to decide between these three skis, if you have any feedback, just comment below, or if there are any other skis, I am up for suggestions. Thanks!

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Atris and Prodigy are similar - everyday skis with a jibby side to them that appeal to that kid who used to be a park rat, kind of grew out of it, skis the whole mountain, but can't escape their inner 16 year old that yells "SEND IT" in their subconsciousness. I ski the Atrises, and really didn't expect to like them since I usually like a stiffer, more-business-less-pleasure sort of ski, but these are plenty stable for chargier skiing and I've really come to appreciate their surfier powder performance and I think they're really well balanced in the air. My boyfriend picked up a pair that he hasn't skied yet, but he usually gravitates towards a really playful ski (like his true park skis and Bent 120s), but decided to add the Atris since it'd be a little more dependable underfoot at high speeds/on chundery snow. My sister-in-law is on the Prodigy 2.0 and has similar things to say about that line - she really likes that they can perform on the groomers, float well, and pop through the trees super easily.

Legends are a more directional, stiffer, with a flatter tail that really locks you into the turn instead of the surfy, easy release of the two above (they're twin tips). I skied the Chams (their predecessor) and helped my brother buy a pair as well. They carve insanely well, and were a really great fit for my brother, who skied a lot of east coast piste, moved out west, and wanted something that felt familiar but was fully equipped for west coast snowfall. If you're doing a lot of flipping or spinning, the other two are better balanced for that kind of skiing, but if you're just doing basic side hits and cliff drops, the Legends are just as well equipped.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Atris has been gaining a lot of traction here in UT. I don't know heavier skiers or men that have them but there's a growing troupe of women ranging from advanced but learning powder to experienced, kind of crazy and well versed off piste (cliffs, trees, etc.) and the Atris have been getting a big thumbs up.

TS
C

Connor

Skier
Atris and Prodigy are similar - everyday skis with a jibby side to them that appeal to that kid who used to be a park rat, kind of grew out of it, skis the whole mountain, but can't escape their inner 16 year old that yells "SEND IT" in their subconsciousness. I ski the Atrises, and really didn't expect to like them since I usually like a stiffer, more-business-less-pleasure sort of ski, but these are plenty stable for chargier skiing and I've really come to appreciate their surfier powder performance and I think they're really well balanced in the air. My boyfriend picked up a pair that he hasn't skied yet, but he usually gravitates towards a really playful ski (like his true park skis and Bent 120s), but decided to add the Atris since it'd be a little more dependable underfoot at high speeds/on chundery snow. My sister-in-law is on the Prodigy 2.0 and has similar things to say about that line - she really likes that they can perform on the groomers, float well, and pop through the trees super easily.

Legends are a more directional, stiffer, with a flatter tail that really locks you into the turn instead of the surfy, easy release of the two above (they're twin tips). I skied the Chams (their predecessor) and helped my brother buy a pair as well. They carve insanely well, and were a really great fit for my brother, who skied a lot of east coast piste, moved out west, and wanted something that felt familiar but was fully equipped for west coast snowfall. If you're doing a lot of flipping or spinning, the other two are better balanced for that kind of skiing, but if you're just doing basic side hits and cliff drops, the Legends are just as well equipped.
Awesome, thanks for the advice!

TS
C

Connor

Skier
The Atris has been gaining a lot of traction here in UT. I don't know heavier skiers or men that have them but there's a growing troupe of women ranging from advanced but learning powder to experienced, kind of crazy and well versed off piste (cliffs, trees, etc.) and the Atris have been getting a big thumbs up.
Thanks!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The Nordica Enforcer 104 Free should be on the list as well as the new Moment Wildcat 108 when it comes out and the K2 Mindbender 108ti. All will be easy to ski like the ones you listed but will be a bit heavier so they will be all better at speed, in crud and more stable feeling.

Just move the mounts on the Enforcer Free or Mindbender up a bit to make them more playful while still having a bigger backbone than most “all mountain” twin tips.

Powder only untracked for a short time and then you’re dealing with crud etc and that’s where the 3 will shine. Fun, everyday skis that are still great when things get messy out there!

TS
C

Connor

Skier
The Nordica Enforcer 104 Free should be on the list as well as the new Moment Wildcat 108 when it comes out and the K2 Mindbender 108ti. All will be easy to ski like the ones you listed but will be a bit heavier so they will be all better at speed, in crud and more stable feeling.

Just move the mounts on the Enforcer Free or Mindbender up a bit to make them more playful while still having a bigger backbone than most “all mountain” twin tips.

Powder only untracked for a short time and then you’re dealing with crud etc and that’s where the 3 will shine. Fun, everyday skis that are still great when things get messy out there!
Thanks!

Sponsor