• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Black Crows Solis

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A favorite part of skiing for me is working my way in and under bands of cliffs, finding hidden shots, then linking together a few turns on a steep pitch. Granted, I'm only at Mt. Baker, not Cham, so these sections are limited to a few hundred feet, but it is still fun beyond words. (My latest find is traversing below the patrol shack on Pan Dome to get under the Gunner's Bowl cliffs.)

Now here's a ski designed specifically for skiing steeps with reliability: stiff flex, gradual rocker, an almost nonexistent sidecut. Anyone been on a pair and care to comment? I'm probably not at a level where they are warranted, but I'd love to try them to see.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think you should get them..... I think this says it all -

1669058355316.png

My Crows say "mind if I come up" and "you make me dizzy" (in French).
I think this speaks to the seriousness of the ski.....

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm holding out because I'd like to see how my Peak 104s perform. They have a few similar attributes: ~25m sidecut, long low rise rocker; but probably not as stiff. And Bode has talked a few times about how he designed them to be less hookey on steeps.

TS
T

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Searching SoothSki, there's really not a lot out there. If you loosen up the parameters, the Cochise, Corvus, and MB108 start to show up.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 6.52.38 PM.png

Sponsor

Staff online