• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gear Black Diamond Recalls Pieps DSP

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

This was brought to the atteniont of Black Diamond after the full burial of Nick McNutt last year.

See SkiTalk.com discussion here.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Do we know if this recall extends to the Black Diamond branded beacons which are essentially the same as the Pieps? I have two of these.

image.jpg

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No. In fact what they sent me as a replacement looks a lot like what you have, except yellow instead of blue. The one being recalled has a button you push in to unlock instead of the slide like you have there.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Do we know if this recall extends to the Black Diamond branded beacons which are essentially the same as the Pieps? I have two of these.
This what you have is new Pieps/BD BT series (Pro/Powder BT), which are fine. Recall is for their older DSP series.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So sad. I remember that podcast.
I also used one of those original Pieps beacons (rented) and it was off when I got back to the car, while we did a beacon check(guided ski tour) , so I know it was on when we started. We set out from the resort, so ended coming down the groomer, and I fell on the hardpack groomer. I suspect that’s when it turned off.