• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Black Pearl 88 vs Santa Ana 88 (Shorter Lengths)

Larsf

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
@AlexisLD, do you have data on the 2020 BP88 and SA88 vs the 2021 BP88 and SA88, all in 158? With the 2021, I have read that both the SA and BP changed in stiffness and flip flopped with the BP becoming stiffer, but your data shows the SA88 is still stiffer. Thx

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
@AlexisLD -- Do you have data for the 2022s yet? I've been looking at the Santa Ana, Astral, and Black Pearl -- all 88mm or less. I plan to demo them next season, if I don't get too impatient, and that will likely be 2022s.

tazdevl

Putting on skis
Skier
I will say having skied the 2021 Ripstick 88s myself and had a blast on them for piste days, I’d consider buying my wife the Ripstick 88W/94W to see if she likes them better than her BP88s which she thoroughly enjoyed skiing most days this season.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier

Following up on my earlier posts since late this season I did take some GoPro POV skiing on both groomed and bumps. The following was a run skiing 1100 feet of vertical on the 2020 SA88's down blue groomed Canyonlands from the Sky Express Chair at Heavenly. For fun, played with different efficient short turn edging Zen gravity rhythms that shows what a fine smooth ski it is if played well. My other bump videos spend a lot of time jumping on and off edges that show how its predictable torsional stiffness can be put to use with a centered balanced edged turns.

Sponsor

Staff online