• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Blizzard Quattro RX - 181

dcpnz

Booting up
Skier
Blizzard quattro RX 181 w/ Marker Xcel 14 system binding.
Last year's version.
Skied maybe half dozen very short days - a bit too much ski and too demanding for my scrawny 165lbs.
These are pretty burly for a frontside oriented ski.

Top sheet and binding minty. Couple of small scrapes in the bases that would almost certainly be gone with a grind. Nothing particularly deep or nasty - worst one shown with the quarter. Note the weird octopus like rings are just marks from my tuning bench and wiped off.

Retail is stupid expensive. My google-fu says they're available new on sale for ~ $850. I'm thinking half that?
Asking $425 shipped conus - (can do less for local pickup, skis located in Roaring Fork Valley, CO; Front Range or Summit meet-up may be possible too)

Edit: Lurker and infrequent poster here - same handle on TGR. Happy to provide other verification for any concerned interested buyers.
Added location / pickup option

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anybody know how this compares to the Nordica Firearrow 84 EDT with the same binding? So many skis, so little time.
These are a little damper with a bit more top end, they run. A ton of performance for not a lot of money.

richddt

Booting up
Skier
I found them more demanding and stiffer than the 84 EDT , I skied and enjoyed the 84 EDT, even at crusing speed.

These RX skis are for serious skiers who just zoom the mountain..

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I found them more demanding and stiffer than the 84 EDT , I skied and enjoyed the 84 EDT, even at crusing speed.

Thanks for the information. I really like my 84 EDT skis. If I did not own them I would buy these as they are a good deal.

TS
D

dcpnz

Booting up
Skier

I've never skied the EDT but I think this kind of nails why I didn't gel with these.
For me at my size and in 181 they're just too demanding and not so great at cruising speed.
Could I ski them - yeah but I felt I had to be on the gas pedal; Could I ease off and still get the most out of them and enjoy them - not so much.

Snow is falling and lifts are spinning
There is someone out there who can make better use of them than me - Come on Big J is it you??

Last edited:

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I've never skied the EDT but I think this kind of nails why I didn't gel with these.
For me at my size and in 181 they're just too demanding and not so great at cruising speed.
Could I ski them - yeah but I felt I had to be on the gas pedal; Could I ease off and still get the most out of them and enjoy them - not so much.

Snow is falling and lifts are spinning
There is someone out there who can make better use of them than me - Come on Big J is it you??
I gave serious thought to them and weigh enough to ski them. I decided that having the 84 EDT, El Paco, and Brahmas that I pretty much have this size covered. In spite of this they are such a good deal that I did almost buy them. I believe both the EDT and Quattro RX are made in the same factory in Austria. I think they share the same ownership group.

TS
D

dcpnz

Booting up
Skier
Still got these.
I thought asking price was reasonable for a killer barely used setup but I'm open to a reasonable offer.

Sponsor

Staff online