• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom AM77 versus Fischer Curve GT

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've skied both, as have several people on the board. In my case I've tried the Blossom in a 170 and the Curv GT in a 168. Unfortunately for this purpose I did not try them back to back. I was having a much better day when I tried the Blossom, so take that into account. Both trials were on firm east coast groomer only days.

The Blossom is a much easier going ski imo. It carves a lovely arc just thinking about it, and has plenty of energy for me @ 140lbs. The Fischer is racier and more powerful by a good margin. It wants a skilled pilot. You could ski beer league on it. Factory tune was great. For a daily driver I'd prefer the AM 77 but that's just preference (and age). Both are great skis.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Post #3 is the specs for the Curv, not the Curv GT.
The current Curv GT is 127-76-108 with 15m radius at 175cm and 2200g

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And keep in mind that the Curv GT up until 2021 is a completely different ski from the 2022 version. They are the same in name only. Everything about the ski was changed in the redesign.

TS
Quandary

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Actually both posts above regarding the Curve GT are incorrect. Per the Fischer website the specs on the Curve GT M-Track are;

125-76-109
2200g
16M turn radius

I am of course trying to compare the current Curve GT M-Track to the current AM77

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Actually both posts above regarding the Curve GT are incorrect. Per the Fischer website the specs on the Curve GT M-Track are;

125-76-109
2200g
16M turn radius

I am of course trying to compare the current Curve GT M-Track to the current AM77

Actually this isn't entirely correct either. Fischer scales their skis across the available lengths by changing the dimensions and flex.

168cm 123-76-107 15m
175cm 125-76-109 16m
182cm 125-76-110 17m

The Fischer is "more" ski than the AM77. It has less tip cut and a stiffer flex so it's going to take more work to ski it into tighter radius turns (higher edge angles, more speed/pressure). The AM77 has a stronger pull across the slope due to it's fairly wide tip. It's more compliant while still having a strong top end that most skiers aren't going to get near.

My recommendation is that if you're a strong skier that skis with a good amount of offset with higher edge angles, you'll probably take to the Fischer more. If you want a ski that's more "automatic" when it comes to turn initiation and easy going skiing, then pick the AM77.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Per Noodler above, if you click on the Length on the Fischer website, it will update the dimensions accordingly

TS
Quandary

Quandary

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mmmm I already have the RC One GT86, 102FR and 115FR. Maybe the Blossom for something a little different.....

Of course I was only posting the dimensions for the 175 as why would anyone ever ski one of the other lengths ;)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Mmmm I already have the RC One GT86, 102FR and 115FR. Maybe the Blossom for something a little different.....

Of course I was only posting the dimensions for the 175 as why would anyone ever ski one of the other lengths ;)

If you ski with more offset (you get the skis more out away from you) you will appreciate the Fischer. If you don't ski with very high edge angles and prefer to stay more over your skis, then you'll probably get more out of the AM77. This isn't to say the AM77 can't be skied aggressively with high edge angles, but you need to be prepared for just how fast it will come around when you do so.

Sponsor

Staff online