• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Blossom AM77 / White Out Quickie

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How much has the White Out changed in the last 5-6 years? Mine are that vintage and I skied them in very variable NH conditions the other day and they felt fabulous, as they always do. Just for a reference point, I have an embarrassingly large quiver of skis, from full on fis WC SLs and GSs, to various high end carvers like Stöckli ARs, Head e race pros, MX 89s ( I do not pay retail for skis as I am a coach and instructor) and this pair of White Outs compare very well with my other skis. Obviously I am comparing apples to oranges but if you told me I could only ski the White Outs from here on out, I could deal with it. I’d rather not have to make that choice as I enjoy skiing many different skis but the White Out really is a fantastic ski. I hope they have not made it better because I really don’t want any more skis.
I don't think they've changed at all, other than graphics.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I don't think they've changed at all, other than graphics.

The database I keep with ski info shows that the White Out/AM77 has been the same dimensions and construction for at least the past 10 years. Only NGT a few times over the years.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Something about that coat/topsheet matchup makes me wonder if you ever rode a pair of Volkl ones.
Nope. Only chased them. KG has a pair, I'm pretty sure.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tony S, yours Follow me SL, I believe, are the predecessor of the Numero Uno SL, not the Squardra Corse(the FIS line), unless there is a Conform to FIS badge on the Follow me.
A ski is FIS legal or it's not, regardless of whether it has a badge on the top sheet.

In any case, if you follow this link to the SQ SL on the Blossom site, you'll see that the blurb was copy-pasted verbatim from when the ski was called the Follow Me.

I believe the ancestor of the SL#1 was the Flere.

Screenshot_20221015-080248_2.png

Sponsor

Staff online