• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PSA BLOSSOM CLOSE OUTS AND DEMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Sell the Heads, get the Blossom No 1 SL.
Very obvious. That’ll keep the wife happy if you can manage to launder the cost difference.
Someone needs to buy the FIS Sl with or without the Vist bindings.

@Ron, have you seen the FIS SL? Wondering if it has normal edges or thin edges like many.

No, I have the No 1 Sl, Non FIS.

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought the 170 cm No. 1 SCs and love them. I weight 140 lbs, tho, so YMMV. That said, a 175 lb fellow instructor has yet to forgive me for letting him ski them, because he liked them so much more than his (recently purchased) Head Super Shapes.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Ron, you mentioned that the RC was a little too soft flexing in a 170 for you. I'm 5'7" 170 lbs. Would you recommend the 176 RC for someone my size? Also, 45 years old and currently recovering from a tibial plateau fracture which required surgery (plate and 5 screws) I encountered in December. Recovery is going very well. Not sure how strong my knee will be for (hopefully late April to Memorial Day this year) probably next year.

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
having skied the white outs, Cross Winds, No 01 RC and No 1 SL ski's, I can whole heartedly endorse these skis. Buy the correct length though! Blossom does scale flex (a good thing) by length.

So scaled flex means longer is stiffer?

I am on the Head I-titan - 170cm. It rips but it is limited. Not good in bumps at all. I am not looking for a bump ski but I like skiing terrain.

I think I would do well with: The Blossom Cross Wind - 178 cm length. I weigh 185, 5'!0" and I can ski. I really don't want an ultra stiff ski.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Could this be the start of The Never-Ending Blossom Discussion?

“No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it...LET'S DO IT!”

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Ron, have you seen the FIS SL? Wondering if it has normal edges or thin edges like many.
It's probably the same ski as mine from several years ago, James. I'll recheck the edges in a bit.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Ron, you mentioned that the RC was a little too soft flexing in a 170 for you. I'm 5'7" 170 lbs. Would you recommend the 176 RC for someone my size? Also, 45 years old and currently recovering from a tibial plateau fracture which required surgery (plate and 5 screws) I encountered in December. Recovery is going very well. Not sure how strong my knee will be for (hopefully late April to Memorial Day this year) probably next year.

I am on the Head I-titan - 170cm. It rips but it is limited. Not good in bumps at all. I am not looking for a bump ski but I like skiing terrain.

I think I would do well with: The Blossom Cross Wind - 178 cm length. I weigh 185, 5'!0" and I can ski. I really don't want an ultra stiff ski.

@Blossom Skis Mike knows these skis better than anyone else so I'll ask him to chime in.

TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I can see a few questions that need to be answered here:

The edges that are on the FIS are the racing profile (i.e. thinner).

Yes, Blossom skis get progressively stiffer depending upon the model as they get longer, but I have skied both the 172 and 178 cm Cross Wind (I'm 5'8", 170 pounds). I didn't find them to be much different in feel on the snow. The slightly softer tip in the Cross Wind would make the ski perform well in bumps.

Ron is a lot taller than I am, so he needs the extra length to avoid overpowering the tip of almost any ski I would assume. You and I are the same size. I would ski on the 170 as I think this is the right length to provide a good combination of stability at speed and versatility in turn shape.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to keep firing away with any questions!

Cheers!
Mike

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Ron is a lot taller than I am, so he needs the extra length to avoid overpowering the tip of almost any ski I would assume. You and I are the same size. I would ski on the 170 as I think this is the right length to provide a good combination of stability at speed and versatility in turn shape.
Trigger pulled on the 170 RC's!

James

Out There
Instructor
The edges that are on the FIS are the racing profile (i.e. thinner).
That’s unfortunate. Though how thin I’d have to see.
Seems to thankfully be a trend to more normal edges. This year Dynastsr, Rossi, Volkl, at least, their FIS SL skis are coming with near normal edges.
Last years Blizzard has thin edges. It’s close to half as much, but I didn’t measure. Despite the Blizzard being $300 less, I bought the Dynastar.

The thin edge thing really needs to stop. Maybe people with 20 FIS points might benefit, doubtful, but they can just have a shop grind them down. Or go to town on them with a coarse wheel and a TriOne.
Otherwise, we need edges so they can be sharpened and the skis aren’t done in one season. Or less if they’re heavily used by kids racing.
When you spend nearly $1k on a ski you should get the whole thing. Not edges ground down 50%.

Last edited:
TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

SkiTalk Sponsor
As an update to a question someone posted regarding the "thinner" edges on the FIS skis, Blossom uses an edge that is 1.6 mm wide for FIS skis and 1.8 mm wide for other models. Quality and other characteristics are the same.

Mike

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
What's the condition on the demo? The Crosswind 172cm and Racetiger SL.

TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

SkiTalk Sponsor
What's the condition on the demo? The Crosswind 172cm and Racetiger SL.

The Crosswind 172cm are in excellent shape and have only been used for around 4 runs while we were filming some promotional videos. The Race Tigers are also in great shape having been only used by my business partner less than 5 - 6 days while coaching Masters racers.

Mike

TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

SkiTalk Sponsor
Are the FIS Sl's demo's or close outs? What bindings are the Racetiger Sl's mounted w/ ?

The FIS SL's are brand new. The Racetiger SLs have the RMotion2 Marker system.

Are there any Whiteouts that will be added to the sale?

We are out of stock. There may be a couple of pair still available from the factory that we can check on for pricing.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online