• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom fans

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Do the n1 xc have metal? The website says ti for the other skis but not those.

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I have both of these new skis for testing purposes but haven't skied on either one yet :(!

As far as the XPURE 94 goes, Blossom describes the flex as "sporty" which in their vernacular means it should be quite good on groomed terrain. Based upon the flex of the ski they sent me, I agree as it is a little stiffer than I would have expected for a touring ski. Its combination of shape, camber and early rise should make this a very fun ski that can be used on piste, sidecountry and touring in all conditions but perhaps very icy conditions. My guess is that the Titanal layer is of minimal thickness (0.3 mm), which I am confirming with the factory.

I'm really looking forward to trying these!

Do the n1 xc have metal? The website says ti for the other skis but not those.

As far as the No.1 XC goes, it has two Titanal layers (0.7 mm) just like their FIS models. The flex is exactly what you would expect a FIS ski to have only with the dimensions of a carving ski. Should be an absolute rocket ship on groomed terrain!

Mike

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thaave both of these new skis for testing purposes but haven't skied on either one yet :(!

As far as the XPURE 94 goes, Blossom describes the flex as "sporty" which in their vernacular means it should be quite good on groomed terrain. Based upon the flex of the ski they sent me, I agree as it is a little stiffer than I would have expected for a touring ski. Its combination of shape, camber and early rise should make this a very fun ski that can be used on piste, sidecountry and touring in all conditions but perhaps very icy conditions. My guess is that the Titanal layer is of minimal thickness (0.3 mm), which I am confirming with the factory.

I'm really looking forward to trying these!

As far as the No.1 XC goes, it has two Titanal layers (0.7 mm) just like their FIS models. The flex is exactly what you would expect a FIS ski to have only with the dimensions of a carving ski. Should be an absolute rocket ship on groomed terrain!

Mike
Thanks, I thought I could see that from the images. Also, it looks like there Blossom branded bindings now?

Premier Skis

SkiTalk Sponsor

There is NOT a Titanal layer in the XPURE 94. To keep the ski's weight at 1600 grams, they used carbon fiber instead. Their website (and ours when it's up today) will be updated!

Premier Skis

SkiTalk Sponsor
Can't wait for that! Hoping you also have Lusti updates too.

Our website has been updated with the latest pricing, and our preseason sale is on! You can look here:

All of our skis have been discounted during our sale, and we offer an additional discount for preordering during the sale. This discount will automatically be applied when you check out.

Mike

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hi, I own a pair of Blossom Whiteouts 176/77 (comparable to the current AM77, as I understand it) that I still find super, great ski. I've skied them at 1/2 edge bevels for some years, but last season gave them a 1/3 tune, and found them even better, especially on more icy groomers, and for laying them over farther.

I'm wondering whether a Numero Uno of some sort, for instance, with hopefully more medium and long GS length turns than short, would have enough contrast from my Whiteouts (medium to shorter turns) to not overlap too much, and be enough different to justify getting, at least at some point.

Maybe there's another model also that folks would recommend, including conceivably an actual soft snow, powder/crud Blossom ski as another possibility, in addition to a ski that is even more frontside biased than the Whiteouts. (Also, I'm a directional, resort skier, not backcountry or side country so much any longer.)

In addition, I'm open to the possibility that different lengths of the same model might be what would lesson overlap between models, and give really different behavior, that might be someone's suggestion here.

So far, my sense from reading reviews is there is a lot of similarity across different excellent Blossom models, so I'm wondering also if that means a lot of overlap, or that with just the Whiteouts, I may have what's best or most characteristic covered already.

I welcome any suggestions or comments from those who have skied lots of current models, including the AM77 for reference. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
I'm wondering whether a Numero Uno of some sort, for instance, with hopefully more medium and long GS length turns than short, would have enough contrast from my Whiteouts (medium to shorter turns) to not overlap too much, and be enough different to justify getting, at least at some point.
I welcome any suggestions or comments from those who have skied lots of current models, including the AM77 for reference. Thanks in advance.

I ski the AM77 in 170cm and also the No1 RC in 170cm. Both skis have 14m radius and I'd say both skis do the short to medium turn (my default for fun times) very well. I don't feel locked into a 14m radius on either ski; I could go a little tighter or open it up a little more and ride out some medium-long turns. I think the No1 RC does the longer turns a little better. There is definitely some overlap with turn radius but the feel is different. The AM77 is easier to initiate turns and the ski is more forgiving; I can get lazy and the ski can make up for it by doing the work. The RC has more top end and likes to be worked.

At 176cm the Whiteout is 15m and the RC is 16m; not much difference. Sizing up to 181cm on the RC gets you to 17m; again not much difference but as I mentioned, you won't feel locked into the stated radius.

Maybe someone else can give some insight on how the No1 GS compares as it seems like that ski would be the obvious choice for longer turns.

One last comment; I love my AM77 and it's everything I thought it would be based on all the hype. But, I love, love my No1 RC because I feel it's more rewarding when I'm on my game.
Also, I'm 5'7" 175 lbs with gear so that's why 170cm for me.

EDIT: Vist SpeedCom 412's on both pairs of skis.

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi, I own a pair of Blossom Whiteouts 176/77 (comparable to the current AM77, as I understand it) that I still find super, great ski. I've skied them at 1/2 edge bevels for some years, but last season gave them a 1/3 tune, and found them even better, especially on more icy groomers, and for laying them over farther.

Maybe there's another model also that folks would recommend, including conceivably an actual soft snow, powder/crud Blossom ski as another possibility, in addition to a ski that is even more frontside biased than the Whiteouts. (Also, I'm a directional, resort skier, not backcountry or side country so much any longer.)

In addition, I'm open to the possibility that different lengths of the same model might be what would lesson overlap between models, and give really different behavior, that might be someone's suggestion here.

So far, my sense from reading reviews is there is a lot of similarity across different excellent Blossom models, so I'm wondering also if that means a lot of overlap, or that with just the Whiteouts, I may have what's best or most characteristic covered already.

Wondering the same thing. The Whiteout/am77 super power is popping short turns in the fall line. And it just feels very balanced in flex for am skiing. Wonderful bump ski. Don't think the 182 has any feel for sweeping gs carves. It's the skis only real failing to me. But for medium and under the ski sings.

Sorta intrigued by the n1 xc since I think a cross ski radius with a more race like build may be right for a cheater gs feel with versatility.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January