• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom fans

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I get the sense the XC is going to be a similar experience as the Stockli WRT ST. FIS-type construction in a low 70's width that can go in between shorter turns and medium/longer radius turns at speed.

I don't actually need such a ski, but then there's that "need" word again.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, same with me, for sure. Yikes!!!

To me, by comparison to the above on XC and WRT ST 172 (and for choices of what to buy), the Blossom Whiteout/AM77 is a cheater fall line sort of short to medium turn wonder - a cheater for doing body separation, still upper body, fall line easy carves for hours, among other things (in addition to being an all mountain, versatile, fall line ski for soft snow on and off piste, in uneven terrain, including crud bumps - carving all the way if one chooses). * Whew. *

Gee whiz, what a ski. A really specific set of "wow" abilities that no other ski I know of can match, pretty much.

I do think of getting a pair of those Stockli WRT ST 172s, though, unique in their own way. But so expensive. If the XC could match that, have otherworldly precision and carve performance in a way that is accessible to me also, then maybe the XC comes into play, for me also, at some point, potentially. (So many really good skis, so little time - and money!)

But then, I'm not likely to have figured this out for this pre-season sale!

Maybe that changes things some, though, for the future - the possible XC/WRT ST comparison. What happens in my guesstimates still once the narrower Blossom ski gets more race-like as with an XC (skier cross), is, I start to have to choose between it and other race-like options - say, GS skis for comparison; and to face the overlap crunch there recreationally. For me, it's been that a ski has to have some "wow" ability/factor that no other ski I have or could reasonably have, seems to possess.

To me it is very hard to beat, say, a woman's spec medium flex FIS GS Atomic G9 188/30 in this regard. (Or at the other end of race things, a Rossi FIS SL165.) So any XC would have to be a very special ski indeed to get much use, for my profile. (For me, this kind of unfair comparison results from choice, time and cost constraints, of necessity - what ski am I going to choose to go out with on a given day, and no sense having a really excellent but expensive and overlapping ski that I may not be able to use much.)

(The Blossoms make choosing them easier, since they still seem reasonably priced, relatively; and the pair I have are so good.)

Last edited:

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I get the sense the XC is going to be a similar experience as the Stockli WRT ST. FIS-type construction in a low 70's width that can go in between shorter turns and medium/longer radius turns at speed.

I don't actually need such a ski, but then there's that "need" word again.
Waiting for a XC, WRT ST Pro, eRace Pro cage match.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can’t just be buying any piece of gear that catches my eye.

Your intervention is scheduled for August 25, 9 AM EDT.

Don't be late!

@Premier Skis any chance you'll be doing mounted ski/binding packages for the Pure 99s?!

Also, to clarify pricing, I'm seeing $715 shipped for a pair of the 188 Pure 99s. Then it appears I will receive another $50 if I pay in full before Sept 5. Do I have that right? Can't seem to get the final $50 to apply until I actually pay......thanks!

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
Your intervention is scheduled for August 25, 9 AM EDT.

Don't be late!

@Premier Skis any chance you'll be doing mounted ski/binding packages for the Pure 99s?!

Also, to clarify pricing, I'm seeing $715 shipped for a pair of the 188 Pure 99s. Then it appears I will receive another $50 if I pay in full before Sept 5. Do I have that right? Can't seem to get the final $50 to apply until I actually pay......thanks!

Indeed, you can't get the additional discount without paying in full as that is how we designed it. If you want to delay paying in full until they ship, just choose the prepayment option and we send an invoice to you as you see here:

1659620378044.png

Yes, we can sell / mount some bindings for the Pure 99 (the Speedcom or Speedspacer systems will work) if you want, but we typically sell them flat as most customers who buy this ski look at bindings with a slightly wider platform.

Mike

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Thanks, Mike!

And, I know unlikely, but I'd kill for a 183. You'd have my money!

Last edited:

willy384

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone compare the Blossom No1.RC to the Stocki SC? I want either the Blossom RC or the XC but, I would like a little comparison to a ski that I am familiar with. I love the Stockli but, would like something a little stronger at speed.
Thanks......

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can anyone compare the Blossom No1.RC to the Stocki SC? I want either the Blossom RC or the XC but, I would like a little comparison to a ski that I am familiar with. I love the Stockli but, would like something a little stronger at speed.
Thanks......
The SC has a tighter turn radius and is a little more playful at slower speeds. The Blossoms are more comfortable being opened up.

TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
@willy384 @Cheizz runs a review site. Here is his site's take on the No1 RC which is pretty much in line with my experience. The No1 SL that he is comparing the No1 RC to may have similar construction to the XC (don't hold me to this, you'd have to talk with @Premier Skis to confirm that assumption):

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
IMO the Gigi Ski review of the No.1 RC is spot on. As far as construction goes, the No.1 SL and No.1 RC have similar construction and are more similar in performance (other than preferred turn shape) to each other than the No.1 RC would be to the XC. The XC has FIS construction with thicker Titanal layers (0.7 mm) and a stiffer flex pattern which will result in a more aggressive performance profile.

Mike

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody compare the Pure 99 to the much more expensive Stormrider 95?

And maybe verify the dimensions of 135-99-132.

Wide tail!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Premier Skis last question: what is the mount point (aka factory line) on the 188 cm Pure 99?

Cheers!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anybody compare the Pure 99 to the much more expensive Stormrider 95?

And maybe verify the dimensions of 135-99-132.

Wide tail!
A very different animal. The Pure is much more traditional in shape in rise of the tip and flatter tail, a big luxe sedan. The SR95 is more vague up front on firmer condtions but a better in 3D snow.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
135-99-122

Thought that seemed too symmetrical as well for a non freestyle ski!

Thanks, Greg. What I thought also.

Just waiting on mount point for the 188.

Trigger finger getting itchy, as Mrs. K told me a few days ago that a single mtb tire wasn't much of a birthday present to myself..........silly girl!

TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Thanks, Greg. What I thought also.

Just waiting on mount point for the 188.

Trigger finger getting itchy, as Mrs. K told me a few days ago that a single mtb tire wasn't much of a birthday present to myself..........silly girl!
I'd say marry that girl if she wasn't already Mrs. K ;)

TS
mulva28

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
Did you get them and if yes are you mounting them on "the line". I have SpeedComs on "the line" (AM77, No1 RC) and have never felt like they needed to be moved even though I can easily. My wife likes her Crosswinds 172 at +1 (also SpeedComs) but sizing-wise, they're bigger than she's used to (she stole them from me)(I bought the without telling her)(She won't ever give them back).

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January