• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom Skis preseason sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Whiteouts dimensions are 131-77-111 R13. The No 1 SL Blossoms are 123-67-104 and probably aren't far off the FIS SL dimensions, which aren't shown on the Blossom web site. Another matter is in the length of the skis, Whiteouts at 164cm and the FIS SL at 155cm (almost 4"s). Those differences should make for way different skis with one for hard snow and shorter turns and the other for shall I say more relaxed snow conditions and longer turns, not much longer as the Whiteouts are marked as R13. If 2021-22 is a great year for snow the Whiteouts will get in more days than the SLs, but if 21-22 is a drought year the Slaloms ought to get used more days than the Whiteouts. When I could ski (I've had some problems for almost 4 years now) I preferred FIS slaloms skis and used them most days. Hope to use these new Blossoms to get closer to where I'd like to be in my skiing.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just preordered the AM85s ogsmile Not sure what I want to do about a binding yet for this ski? My race skis and front side cavers ( Fisher RC Curv ) have race plates, so I'm certainly familiar with them. I'm positioning these AM85 skis for all mountain, bumps, trees as well as carving when on groomed slopes, so I'm thinking flat, but hmmm my RC Curvs have race plates an I love those in the bumps...then again I usually like a flat ski in the bumps...decisions, decisions.

Reactions: Ron

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just preordered the AM85s ogsmile Not sure what I want to do about a binding yet for this ski? My race skis and front side cavers ( Fisher RC Curv ) have race plates, so I'm certainly familiar with them. I'm positioning these AM85 skis for all mountain, bumps, trees as well as carving when on groomed slopes, so I'm thinking flat, but hmmm my RC Curvs have race plates an I love those in the bumps...then again I usually like a flat ski in the bumps...decisions, decisions.
Yeah I’m same boat, but ordering Monday and grabbing the AM77. Think I’m gonna mount them flat, reason being gonna ski them as a all mountain.
And probably won’t mount till I hear if people like them on line or forward.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thoughts on AM77/White Out compared to Head e-rally? I picked up some 170 e-Rally’s late season but only got on them two days. They were great on groomed and even spring slush but did not love them in moguls (but they were spring bumps and big ones). Would AM77 with non-plate binding (Pivot or Tyrolia Attack) offer more all-mountain versatility? My plan was to demo bunch of skis next year to look for “my” Vermont everyday ski but the Blossoms got my attention. Salomon Stance 90, K2 MB 90, Volklk Kendo, etc. are on my list but trying to be open-minded and embrace that I’m not in Utah anymore! Thanks.
I have the AM77 with a Pivot binding. The ski feels very compliant underfoot, yet still carves nicely. I *think* it may make it a bit easier in varied terrain, but I haven’t skied the same ski with a plate to compare. I’d guess one would get more angulation with a plate. But that’s not a big deal to me. @Scruffy if you have the RC Curvs already with plates, I’d change it up and mount the AM85 flat.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
Just FYI.

19EF7969-827D-4278-81E9-22FAEEC27E82.jpeg 12C96FBD-AA80-4424-823E-150F6AEB844B.jpeg

My Whiteouts dimensions are 131-77-111 R13. The No 1 SL Blossoms are 123-67-104 and probably aren't far off the FIS SL dimensions, which aren't shown on the Blossom web site. Another matter is in the length of the skis, Whiteouts at 164cm and the FIS SL at 155cm (almost 4"s). Those differences should make for way different skis with one for hard snow and shorter turns and the other for shall I say more relaxed snow conditions and longer turns, not much longer as the Whiteouts are marked as R13. If 2021-22 is a great year for snow the Whiteouts will get in more days than the SLs, but if 21-22 is a drought year the Slaloms ought to get used more days than the Whiteouts. When I could ski (I've had some problems for almost 4 years now) I preferred FIS slaloms skis and used them most days. Hope to use these new Blossoms to get closer to where I'd like to be in my skiing.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah I’m same boat, but ordering Monday and grabbing the AM77. Think I’m gonna mount them flat, reason being gonna ski them as a all mountain.
And probably won’t mount till I hear if people like them on line or forward.
Mine are mounted on the line. I don’t see a reason to mount them forward.

TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
Curious what you are hoping for in the SLs versus the White Outs. I have the latter and am interested in the former.

Both are very fun... The FIS SL he purchased will provide fantastic grip and short turn performance (not that the AM77 as it's now called won't because it will). Obviously as a FIS ski it is suitable for racing and skiing on firm snow.

It's biggest benefit? A USSA coach I work with has put a half dozen of his Masters racers on this ski and he saw, and they felt, an immediate improvement in their skiing. Certainly hard to complain about getting better :D!

Mike

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, Mike - are the Blossoms still on sale? The website seems to show full prices now?

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My bad... The pricing discounts I had set up for Blossom had the wrong expiration date. I noticed it this morning and already fixed it.

Have at it :D!

Mike
Excellent! Thanks, Mike.

Skeezer

Booting up
Skier
Woke up yesterday having the withdrawals. BAD. . . . Fortunately Mike at Blossom Skis hooked me up last evening with the exact medicine I needed - a deposit confirmation on a new pair of AM77s and Speedlocks. Thanks to all of the fellow Skitalkers who provided great reviews on these skis. And thanks Mike for your help yesterday!

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Woke up yesterday having the withdrawals. BAD. . . . Fortunately Mike at Blossom Skis hooked me up last evening with the exact medicine I needed - a deposit confirmation on a new pair of AM77s and Speedlocks. Thanks to all of the fellow Skitalkers who provided great reviews on these skis. And thanks Mike for your help yesterday!

Yesterday I took my Whiteouts to Denver Sports Lab for a tuneup (and pick up my new boots :) ). There were 5-6 guys there oggling my skis and asking questions. One guy said "PugSki is all over these Blossoms". Word is getting around!
I'm pretty sure you'll really like them.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug and I were recently discussing what skis we really liked and I think for the groomed, the Blossom "feel" is my favorite It's a ski that has so much personality and high level of performance and yet, is not difficult to ski. When you ski it well, you are rewarded with a highly responsive and powerful ski oozing with energy and pop. It's a ski a lot of skiers who are building skills, as well as experts can benefit from.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug and I were recently discussing what skis we really liked and I think for the groomed, the Blossom "feel" is my favorite It's a ski that has so much personality and high level of performance and yet, is not difficult to ski. When you ski it well, you are rewarded with a highly responsive and powerful ski oozing with energy and pop. It's a ski a lot of skiers who are building skills, as well as experts can benefit from.
I couldn’t have said it better. As one who’s perpetually developing her skills, this ski is perfect. It’s fun and friendly all the time, even when I’m not at my best but I can tell there’s a lot more under the hood! My are mounted with Pivots, and I really like the snow feel and flex beneath my feet.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I couldn’t have said it better. As one who’s perpetually developing her skills, this ski is perfect. It’s fun and friendly all the time, even when I’m not at my best but I can tell there’s a lot more under the hood! My are mounted with Pivots, and I really like the snow feel and flex beneath my feet.

Mine are mounted with Vist Speedlock plates and bindings. I have a pair of Pivots looking for a home and have often wondered how the ski would compare.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Remind me which ski you got?
It's that time-time to figure out what I want as my daily driver for the coming season.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Remind me which ski you got?
It's that time-time to figure out what I want as my daily driver for the coming season.
SkiTalk Sideral WhiteOut/AM77 mounted with Pivot 15's. One sweet setup. tempImagem16uLs.png
IMG_4724.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January