• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blossom Skis preseason sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I ordered my AM77’s with Vist bindings with Intra Plate (step up, can raise toe piece height to adjust delta).

Can’t wait. Might spring for the No 1 RC at a later time, or maybe the Pure 99.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I spent so long overthinking things when Blossom had their demo ski sale earlier that I missed out on the No. 1 SLs that @Ron was telling me to buy. My brain is my own worst enemy!
If you were advising anyone else (on this forum) in a similar situation with a similar decision, what would you tell them?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you were advising anyone else (on this forum) in a similar situation with a similar decision, what would you tell them?

I would advise them to buy! For starters, I could’ve sat on those skis and sold them here likely for what I paid if I changed my mind (the sale was that good). But I can’t turn back time and get those skis.

Second, my guess is I probably would’ve loved them. As much time as I spend agonizing over gear choices, the reviews I’ve read here — along with the personal advice from SkiTalk testers — have always been 100% spot on. I bought a Vist-branded pair of Blossom White Outs here based on @Philpug’s advice and they are fantastic. Best skis I’ve owned or demo’ed since I got back into skiing as an adult.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I truly appreciate all of the love SkiTalk folks have given Blossom. Thank you :D !

Just a quick reminder that while our SkiTalk discount code will remain active for a while, our preseason sale ends on August 31! If you're still on the fence, time to get off!

Mike
I seem to fall between sizes on the 77 and 85. 166 is a bit long for me in a ski with early rise only, and no tail rocker. 158 is short, 164 is a bit long. I ski a 165 in both the Nordica Santa Ana 88 and Santa Ana 98, both with fairly significant tip and tail rocker. I'm really intrigued by these skis and ski a LOT of days as my home mountain is 15 minutes away. Whatever I end up buying will replace the Santa Ana 88s, so it needs to be a ski I enjoy in powder, crud, groomers, you name it. I'm just really stuck on the sizes. I have access to several manufacturers at significant discounts so paying a premium is not an easy decision. I think ultimately an AM 85 in about a 160 or 162 would be a no-brainer.

TS
Premier Skis

Premier Skis

Distributor of Lusti skis
SkiTalk Sponsor
I seem to fall between sizes on the 77 and 85. 166 is a bit long for me in a ski with early rise only, and no tail rocker. 158 is short, 164 is a bit long. I ski a 165 in both the Nordica Santa Ana 88 and Santa Ana 98, both with fairly significant tip and tail rocker. I'm really intrigued by these skis and ski a LOT of days as my home mountain is 15 minutes away. Whatever I end up buying will replace the Santa Ana 88s, so it needs to be a ski I enjoy in powder, crud, groomers, you name it. I'm just really stuck on the sizes. I have access to several manufacturers at significant discounts so paying a premium is not an easy decision. I think ultimately an AM 85 in about a 160 or 162 would be a no-brainer.

Amy, neither the AM77 or AM85 have distinguishable early rise when skiing. In fact, their early rise results from softening the tip of the ski for the first 10 cm or so to aid in turn initiation and float than it does in actual camber and construction. IMO, the AM77 skis true to length, while the AM85 skis a bit longer.

Cheers!
Mike

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Amy, neither the AM77 or AM85 have distinguishable early rise when skiing. In fact, their early rise results from softening the tip of the ski for the first 10 cm or so to aid in turn initiation and float than it does in actual camber and construction. IMO, the AM77 skis true to length, while the AM85 skis a bit longer.

Cheers!
Mike
Good info. The 77 in a 158 would probably be suitable then.
Decisions to make!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just preordered the AM85s ogsmile Not sure what I want to do about a binding yet for this ski? My race skis and front side cavers ( Fisher RC Curv ) have race plates, so I'm certainly familiar with them. I'm positioning these AM85 skis for all mountain, bumps, trees as well as carving when on groomed slopes, so I'm thinking flat, but hmmm my RC Curvs have race plates an I love those in the bumps...then again I usually like a flat ski in the bumps...decisions, decisions.

Just orders some Pivot 15s in Gold for these puppies ogsmile
1629727676843.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor