• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Blue Mountain Resort (PA) sold to KSL Partners for $32M

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, I got those on the terrain park over there. Came off a jump and landed in a pile of chicken heads. Scared the s**t out of me.

That also happened to me on Challenge mid-season. I tried slowing down but that made things horribly worse, yet skiing faster was super scary. I tried to slideslip but the chickenheads were much larger than chicken’s heads…they were like baseballs. Another guy stopped on the side of the run, terrified. I made my way over to him and talked him down with me. Couldn’t believe that run was open in that condition.

They groom too soon after snowmaking. Don’t let the moisture drain through. I think that’s the issue.
Yeah, mine were smaller than baseballs but my fillings were vibrating. We hit it just as they dropped the ropes. We stopped partway down in sheer amazement.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Will the season pass holders get a discount on food purchase as they did in the past?

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Got this in my email this AM. They are going to formally name “Coming Soon,” the new trail. Any ideas??
FD412F15-BC10-4F0F-AADA-839EC004B838.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
Got this in my email this AM. They are going to formally name “Coming Soon,” the new trail. Any ideas?? (Also, I think if you zoom in, you can see the chicken heads)!
View attachment 141956
What are your suggestions? BTW isn't this the trail that they have been promising for 3 or 4 years?

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Uncle-A Sorry about the post snafu…internet probs this AM. Here’s the email:
Got this in my email this AM. They are going to formally name “Coming Soon,” the new trail. Any ideas?? (Also, I think if you zoom in, you can see the chicken heads)!
502EF454-A87F-4EDD-912D-F3083FC1945E.jpeg

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What are your suggestions? BTW isn't this the trail that they have been promising for 3 or 4 years?
Yeah, I think it’s the same trail. It was open last year when we had a ton of natural snow…all bumps; really fun till it iced over. It’s a nice trail; super wide, probably a blue but they’ll undoubtedly mark it as a black. Joins up with Paradise which is the only issue; means more traffic on the lower part of that trail which has a lot of beginners. Welcome to PA skiing. I’m hoping though, that they leave part of it ungroomed moving forward.

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah, I think it’s the same trail. It was open last year when we had a ton of natural snow…all bumps; really fun till it iced over. It’s a nice trail; super wide, probably a blue but they’ll undoubtedly mark it as a black. Joins up with Paradise which is the only issue; means more traffic on the lower part of that trail which has a lot of beginners. Welcome to PA skiing. I’m hoping though, that they leave part of it ungroomed moving forward.
I also hope they leave it ungroomed.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Wishful thinking on leaving it ungroomed. I wonder if new mgmt at Camelback will start grooming Cliffhanger and Asp. Literally the only reason I ever go there.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Uncle-A

Skier
@Uncle-A Sorry about the post snafu…internet probs this AM. Here’s the email:
View attachment 141962
I received an email from Blue Mountain today and they are running a contest that has only six choices of names for the new trail. I didn't enter so everyone else can have a good chance to win. Good Luck

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.