• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bluetooth heated vest for cold climate

grevay

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Looking for recommendations for a Bluetooth battery powered heated vest for very cold climate...Maine and Canada.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have no rec to give but I'm curious about these. My brother and his wife sit through many cold ballgames and swear by heated jackets recharged with a USB plug. I wasn't even aware of the category til recently and haven't heard skiers discuss using them. Hearing about pros and cons would be helpful.

motogreg

A liftie once told me I was an okay skier....
Skier
Well, I can't give bt recs, buut my wife LOVES her heated vest. Amazon cheapie.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Does it need to be Bluetooth? Seems like that may unnecessarily limit your options.
And one more thing to go wrong...if the phone battery runs down, does the vest get cold?

Our Ororo toaster vests work fine. Like them a lot. For skiing I'd get the jacket liner version with insulated sleeves. You might check a work wear store. Fieldsheer/Mobile Warming is one brand I've heard a lot. Also check the warranty for each brand you consider. Longer is always better.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
cons would be helpful.

Well, I can't give bt recs, buut my wife LOVES her heated vest. Amazon cheapie.
Herself hates hers - you still have to do full wind coverage, you still have to remember to stop in the sunshine when you stop, getting a good baselayer is absolutely critical because it's easier to sweat (no sneaking in a T-shirt as a 4th layer). And it gives her zero added heat in her feet, which is where she really needs it.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking for recommendations for a Bluetooth battery powered heated vest for very cold climate...Maine and Canada.
Does it need to be Bluetooth? Seems like that may unnecessarily limit your options.
Agree, I think most people will be fine with just a Low/Med/High setting. And it is easier to do adjustments in your shell layer (zips) to finetune comfort.
Having to pull out your phone and fiddle with a wonky app to adjust 20 levels in 5 zones is death by too many choices. It seems like a way to waste time and get your hands cold, not to mention a point of failure.

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
You can buy a Lenz heated vest but it's going to be pricey. I would just go with one of the basic ones foregoing the bluetooth capabilities.

Sponsor

Staff online