• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bode Miller joins SCARPA as ski ambassador

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Kind of like Transit Van and 2 door high end sports car.

For those who need stronger visuals...

1647744122615.png 1647744174360.png
1647744284559.png

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
In the specialized italian press (Skialper, as seen on their FB page), the announcement has been linked to a new product that SCARPA will be presenting at Denver OR, a 4 buckles freeride boot, name is 4-QUATTRO...at first it escaped me how Bode could have taken part in the development of such a boot even though, for all that I know, he could be a keen mountaineer/AT and a terrific product developer, who knows..but then the announcement says he will collaborate in the development of future evolutions of the boot, not that he has collaborated in the development of the present one (even though, a little voice tells me that I "know" someone who has been involved more in the development of this boot, since its inception...).
Furthermore, it baffles me that the press release there presents the boot as "SCARPA debut in the hybrid alpine-AT boot world"...I wonder, memory isn't as lasting as it used to be, even it today's computerized wold...what about the SCARPA FREEDOM?

Bingo!

Exactly, the Freedom was a hybrid (AT/Alpine) boot that was very popular back in the day. It was very heavy though.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd thought about it, thanks. But hesitant. I haven't had such great luck doing that sort of thing, you know. :duck:
Oh I don't know. I kinda like what you post.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bode has more up his sleeve with skis. Lets just day he hasn't Peaked yet. ;)

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Interesting to hear a positive review.

Dude, scones and croissants are about as far apart as you can get. Kind of like Transit Van and 2 door high end sports car.
Yeah, I did that for the sake of self-deprecating humor, both scones and spelling that pastry-like more sugar-starved item in between Crosson and the actual object's spelling. At least I didn't call it a half-formed, half baked, poor excuse for a doughnut.

Yeah, I do have a positive review in there somewhere.
Maybe surprisingly to some, it's a really good ski.
(Thanks, Tricia.)

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
Bode has a jaded past working with companies, most have been total failures... K2, Rossignol, Fischer, Atomic, Head, GoFast, SkiSpace, Nike, Barilla, Bomber, Full Tilt, Aztech, Crosson... His reputation is limiting his options. He made lots of money, the sponsors? Perhaps not so much.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
On a Blister podcast Bode talks about ideas for a new boot sole binding interface. He kind of goes off that it’s 45 years old and time for something new.

Seeing the Quattro sole, may explain his involvement with Scarpa. Scarpa may be willing to experiment more than tradtional Alpine boot manufacurers

Sponsor

Staff online