• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bookings

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Ha I could have told you that back in March. Booking our summer trip to Sunriver was a challenge as everywhere we have previously stayed was booked solid, luckily we found something through a local property management firm as there was little to know inventory online. Booking Hawaii over the holidays was also a challenge as there was nothing reasonable available for our preferred dates, so we are now flying out and back a few days earlier. If you did not book a rental car in Hawaii and need one that will be your next challenge as there is nothing available on peak dates ... and this was back in March, can only imagine what it looks like now.

From a ski vacation perspective we booked everything for this season in the May/June time frame. The one trip I booked last month became a real challenge as we had trouble finding on hill accommodation at Big Sky in March. Simply put there was not a lot of availability at the Huntley Lodge which was surprising as we were not going there for a holiday weekend ... etc.

I think many who held off on travelling during the last 18 months are making up for lost time. Demand for hotels and rental cars is through the roof along with prices. If you have a trip in mind you need to plan at least 6 months in advance if you want to guarantee your preferred dates and a somewhat reasonable price. Even with that there is also the risk that new Covid restrictions may be introduced that limit occupancy rates and customers at resorts. So in addition to booking hotels ... etc. you should also make sure you have guaranteed access to the hills otherwise you could find yourself at an amazing resort with no access to the ski hill.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
I booked our spring break ski trip a couple months ago and just yesterday made a reservation for our Thanksgiving camping trip in 2022.

Sponsor

Staff online